Jan 21, 2018
WTF didn't Snow make this trade?!?!?!

How is he still employed.???

peter-chiarelli.jpg

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Am I right to assume Moutrey is just a contract dump/minor league forward?
Minor league depth forward. Former line-mate of Nick Paul's in junior though for a surprising playoff run. Big kid, kinda soft, but good vision and a decent release on his shot....as of three years ago.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So the Brassard deal is essentially:

Brassard for Gustavsson + 1st + 3rd.

The Sens owe a 3rd and now get an extra 3rd so those basically cancel out and Dunn and Moutrey are nothing prospects.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So the Brassard trade basically ending up being 1st, Gustavsson, 2020 3rd, and downgrading their own 3rd this season from it being a ~64th overall to like 85-93 overall for Brassard.

Dorion should have accepted Winnipeg's reported offer of 1st, 2nd and a good prospect (likely one of Lemieux or Petan). I don't see how what they got from Pens is near the Jets offer.

Reactions: Morrison

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
yeah, now all we have is Hartman for 1st+prospect from Hawks fans...

man, the Cole comment really stung didnt it.

hey, im just saying, whether he can fill top 4 and be a playoff warrior, a 1st was never going to be his value

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The pick is in 2020? Why the hell are you rushing to finish the deal before anyone has the chance to panic, Ottawa?

man, the Cole comment really stung didnt it.

hey, im just saying, whether he can fill top 4 and be a playoff warrior, a 1st was never going to be his value

I legitimately saw one person ever say Cole was worth a 1st rounder. The near-unanimous agreement on his value was a 2nd rounder, and the fact he didn't get that is on Ottawa, not Ian Cole.

Not that it mattered as Cole was never going to be traded for a damn draft pick as a member of the Penguins.

Reactions: molon labe

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
I hate that he went to a rival because Cole is a warrior and will battle, be physical, and block shots (pretty much Torts' wet dream). I think he got a raw deal from the Pens this season and when he played the team was better. Seems like a great guy too.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
The pens wanted to keep Cole but the sens requested him specifically......so they could trade him for a third? Couldn't the pens have just sent a third over instead?

Got to have salary going out to make Brassard's contract work. I wish they would've sent Sheary instead of Cole

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So the Brassard deal is essentially:

Brassard for Gustavsson + 1st + 3rd.

The Sens owe a 3rd and now get an extra 3rd so those basically cancel out and Dunn and Moutrey are nothing prospects.
Given where the 2nd they added to Zibanejad is sitting vs where the 1st they got for Brassard is sitting, they basically traded Zibanejad for a handful of draft spots in 2018, a 3rd rounder in 2020 and Gustavsson. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad