OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

But she told Insider the criticism didn't bother her because she was happy she ended up in Ohio instead of Florida. She said she and her friends had visited Miami, Florida, during spring break of her freshman year and that despite the nice beaches and the great city life, she didn't feel as safe as she does in Ohio.

"We literally had to switch our Airbnb to another one because we thought that there was some person trying to break in in the middle of the night," she said.

Do said the video was just a "silly, funny TikTok" that she'd made to make people laugh. "I really love my school, and I have a good time here," she said. "It was a great mistake to make."

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

But she told Insider the criticism didn't bother her because she was happy she ended up in Ohio instead of Florida. She said she and her friends had visited Miami, Florida, during spring break of her freshman year and that despite the nice beaches and the great city life, she didn't feel as safe as she does in Ohio.

"We literally had to switch our Airbnb to another one because we thought that there was some person trying to break in in the middle of the night," she said.

Do said the video was just a "silly, funny TikTok" that she'd made to make people laugh. "I really love my school, and I have a good time here," she said. "It was a great mistake to make."
I have never been to Miami but my wife and I just did a three day get away to Athens and OU and we had a blast. Had fun in town, nice restaurants, breweries, really nice bike trail, nearby hiking in Hocking Hills, etc.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ohio had the 4th most Gen Z'ers move to the state in the US last year, ahead of states with larger populations like NY,IL and PA and only about 15% behind Florida.

I have noticed more young professionals downtown, but I thought that was due to people going back to office work, but it seems young people want to come here for the jobs.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
My cat's curiosity got the best of her and she fell from my 7th floor balcony and the ER vet couldn't save her.

She was just 6 and I am devastated. She loved the balcony and never climbed dangerously until this week. There was a bird out there earlier in the and I think she locked into that bird and lost her balance. She loved being outside and I tried to monitor her, feeling very guilty that I didn't have my eyes on her, but I know it's impossible to watch her 24/7

my girl.jpg

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
My cat's curiosity got the best of her and she fell from my 7th floor balcony and the ER vet couldn't save her.

She was just 6 and I am devastated. She loved the balcony and never climbed dangerously until this week. There was a bird out there earlier in the and I think she locked into that bird and lost her balance. She loved being outside and I tried to monitor her, feeling very guilty that I didn't have my eyes on her, but I know it's impossible to watch her 24/7

View attachment 765449
So very sorry for your loss. I'm a multiple cat owner and I understand how much the little beasts mean to us owners.

You'll go through whatever you go through emotionally on your loss. Take it easy on yourself. Accidents happen. Cats are-by their very nature-wild animals. They act on impulse and instinct and it's simply impossible to control their behavior and eliminate all dangers.

Take care.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

View attachment 765449
Oh no! I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry to hear this.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

View attachment 765449
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also a multiple cat owner who lost one much too soon a couple years back. Be gentle with yourself, though.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also a multiple cat owner who lost one much too soon a couple years back. Be gentle with yourself, though.

Unless you are a helicopter parent, you can't watch them 24/7. There is guilt along the lines of not feeling responsible for what happened, but more like, I COULD have prevented it had I never stopped watching her. It's not rational, but the thought will be there. I think that's human nature if you are a proper pet parent.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
This calls for a happy pet thread!

These are my monsters. The brown tabby is Merlin, age 17; at this advanced age, he is only interested in screaming, eating, and trying to knock over the cat fountain. The orange is Travis, 3 years old, never been burdened with a thought or met a stranger. The little black one is Penny, 7, who is basically a bag of squirrels; she hates Travis.
fuzzfamily.jpg

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

View attachment 765449

I am so sorry to see this. Lost our oldest and best dog earlier this year unexpectedly. Remember the good times and the good life you gave her and take care of yourself.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It’s obviously been a really tough ten days. I decided that when the time comes to adopt again, I would get a special needs cat probably sometime in the spring. Some friend sent me some pictures of cats and some kittens, but I really didn’t have any interest until Wednesday. A friend of mine texted me this picture of a very good boy who has been in their parking lot in office for the last few weeks and needs a home. So I thought I would give him one.

The fact that he looks like the brother of the cat that I lost last week made it a no-brainer. He is a very good boy and he’s very relaxed and mellow. And that’s the name that I believe he wants, Melo.

Attachments

• 93AE3D05-BEF4-4BC9-9E82-4FC59D436DA3.jpeg
    93AE3D05-BEF4-4BC9-9E82-4FC59D436DA3.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 5

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
It’s obviously been a really tough ten days. I decided that when the time comes to adopt again, I would get a special needs cat probably sometime in the spring. Some friend sent me some pictures of cats and some kittens, but I really didn’t have any interest until Wednesday. A friend of mine texted me this picture of a very good boy who has been in their parking lot in office for the last few weeks and needs a home. So I thought I would give him one.

The fact that he looks like the brother of the cat that I lost last week made it a no-brainer. He is a very good boy and he’s very relaxed and mellow. And that’s the name that I believe he wants, Melo.
Rescue cats are the best!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
This greatly affects Intel and Ohio

OK, had heard nothing abut this so I read a few articles. Just so I understand, the Dems who tend to be more protective of the environment pushed through the CHIPS Act which allows new semi-conductor projects to bypass some environmental protection red tape. And now some members of the GOP, the party that often tends to blow off environmental concerns for the sake of business interests are trying to slow down the process in the name of environmental protection?

I am not informed enough to have an opinion on this but it seems like dysfunction for the sake of dysfunction. No wonder everyone hates our government. There has to be more to this story that we aren't being told and I am sure the congresswoman from Washington State would not be slow rolling this if one of these really major projects were happening in her state instead of Ohio, Texas or Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad