GDT: Carpit

CaniacSZN

May 20, 2013
Hurricanes really need one of the Isles and Panthers to win tomorrow. Having the Caps clinch the division tomorrow night the game before playing Mtl would be tragic.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Aho has been too quiet. He’s not standing out. He’s had a great year but he needs to be leading right now if he wants to be the man with the huge contract that is the face of the team.

I’ll save my feelings on that for the off season. We need him and TT to step up. It’s not good enough and missing the season from the position we were in is a pretty big disappointment regardless of the season we’ve had.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Aho has been too quiet. He’s not standing out. He’s had a great year but he needs to be leading right now if he wants to be the man with the huge contract that is the face of the team.

I’ll save my feelings on that for the off season. We need him and TT to step up. It’s not good enough and missing the season from the position we were in is a pretty big disappointment regardless of the season we’ve had.

He's been carrying the offense all year. Hard to blame him at all

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
2-11-3 (36 point pace) against the Top 5 teams in the league (Tampa, Calgary, Boston, Washington, New York)
6-8 (70 point pace) against the next best 5 (Toronto, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Columbus)

Keep that in mind before getting too high or too low about this current group. They're very much a paper tiger, but there's just one game remaining against that type of competition.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think the playoff spot is rather safe for Carolina.

Montreal's remaining schedule is sick:
Toronto at Montreal
Montreal at Washington
Tampa at Montreal

For Carolina: New Jersey, Philly and Toronto.

Reactions: go comets

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I’ve noticed this a ton over the last week or two. Guys aren’t head manning the puck and they kill a ton of plays either by being offsides or losing the momentum of the other forwards.

• I honestly didn't have an issue with it when I first identified it as an issue, because the Canes struggle so much to complete even a short pass, so any kind of pass is basically giving up possession. But lately, our timing has been *so* awful that virtually every time, it goes for an offside.

• You know all those seasons we asked ourselves what it would be like if we just won the games we should win against lesser competition? This. This is what it would be like.

• By my quick count, we're 5-6-1 this month in games with playoff-like conditions.

I was kidding. I agree with you, I was just making reference to a silly rebuke directed towards me earlier.

It's really not silly to point out to somebody that complaining about the goaltending when we're down 3-0 is a bit of a reach.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
  • I honestly didn't have an issue with it when I first identified it as an issue, because the Canes struggle so much to complete even a short pass, so any kind of pass is basically giving up possession. But lately, our timing has been *so* awful that virtually every time, it goes for an offside.

• You know all those seasons we asked ourselves what it would be like if we just won the games we should win against lesser competition? This. This is what it would be like.

• By my quick count, we're 5-6-1 this month in games with playoff-like conditions.

It's really not silly to point out to somebody that complaining about the goaltending when we're down 3-0 is a bit of a reach.

Its silly not to realize they tend to play better when Mrazek is back there. Its silly not to realize that teams who score first typically win and that momentum plays a huge factor. Canes were demoralized right off the bat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad