GDT: Carpit

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Its silly not to realize they tend to play better when Mrazek is back there. Its silly not to realize that teams who score first typically win and that momentum plays a huge factor. Canes were demoralized right off the bat.

I will grant you that the team that scores first generally wins a 3-0 game, yes.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I think the playoff spot is rather safe for Carolina.

Montreal's remaining schedule is sick:
Toronto at Montreal
Montreal at Washington
Tampa at Montreal

For Carolina: New Jersey, Philly and Toronto.

If the canes play at their level, they should be fine.
Columbus has a very easy schedule.
Montreal has its hands full
The canes just need to take care of their own business and not score board watch....

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And we're WC2, point behind CBJ, equal GR, not winning ROW (locked), tied in games between (locked), losing in differential (pending).

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He's been carrying the offense all year. Hard to blame him at all
Pretty much this. And Brindy said he has been playing injured.

Too bad we didn't do anything to add depth which we've been sorely lacking as of late. The 3rd line has been atrocious. And the 4th line hasn't been much better. We're basically rolling one 1st line, a checking line + TT, and two 4th lines.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Our "own rental" has been a complete non-factor for half a dozen games or so now
It's pathetic that Ferland was sold as that in the first place. But he has been playing with two 4th line guys with basically zero offensive talent. It's no surprise he looks bad to me. That whole line has sucked and seems to have less than zero chemistry.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
They look like they don't care in every of the past 10 games. Maybe it is what it is. Lack of motor and energy.
Perspective. In our last 10 we've played:
CBJ: 0-1
Buff: 1-0
Pitt x2: 1-1
Tam: 0-1
Minn: 1-0
Mon: 1-0
Wash: 0-2
Phil: 1-0

I mean, we finished a BRUTAL March 9-7-1. Only 3 games were against non-playoff, or fighting for p/o, teams.

I'll take it. NJ and PHI decide it. They're both out. We win both, we're in. f***, it took game 79 for Pitt to solidify their spot! This is hockey baby!

Reactions: bigredmachine

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I'm a Canes / Duke fan, so this has been a fun day:

giphy.gif

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes Defeated by Penguins
by Michael Smith
@MSmithCanes / CarolinaHurricanes.com
Here are five takeaways from Sunday evening in Pittsburgh.The Penguins had the early jump in this one - and could have taken an early 1-0 lead, had Patric Hornqvist not fanned on his own rebound - but the Hurricanes settled in and began to buzz a bit.
That momentum stalled, though, when the Penguins broke the ice off a mad scramble in the crease. A number of sticks were reaching for the puck, which appeared to be somewhat covered by Curtis McElhinney's blocker, but it was Garrett Wilson who poked the puck in. The Hurricanes challenged for goaltender interference, but the original call stood, and the Pens had a 1-0 lead.
"Nobody has any clue what goaltender interference is, so if it's close, you challenge it," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "There was hacking and whacking going on there. Certainly worth a challenge."
Later, Matt Cullen walked in on a 2-on-1, held on to the puck, fired and scored to double his teams lead with 75 seconds left in the first period.
"It obviously wasn't a great start for us. We weren't happy with that, and we dug ourselves a hole," Slavin said. "We didn't really get to our game until the second period. You can't be doing that at this time of year. We've got to be on for a full 60."
"Just didn't have any jump. We were pretty flat and didn't make smart decisions. That cost us," Justin Faulk said. "We just weren't able to bounce back."
"Unfortunately, we didn't start the way we wanted," Brind'Amour said. "We didn't really get to our game until about halfway through. Then, you're pretty much just chasing it, and it's tough."
Recap: Canes Defeated by Penguins

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Also, as painful as this was, it was not shocking. this team is exhausted --on multiple levels--and on a grueling stretch to end the year. Not making excuses, but you can see the gas running low. Just praying for some good luck / good wins down the stretch, get some rest, and pray for the best. Meanwhile, I will continue to pull all of the hair out of my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad