GDT: Carpit

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
As I've always said, huge fan of Bos and Tam...
BOS is about to lose to DET tonight. They need to take the CBJ game seriously to keep TOR behind themselves for the home advantage, even if TOR loses to NYI tomorrow.

Reactions: Tryamw

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Me trying to figure out how I don't spend Tuesday night locked in the fetal position:

tenor.gif

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
No magic to it.
Brind’Amour wants Canes to win out to reach playoffs

By Chip Alexander
Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour doesn’t spend much time worrying about a “magic number.”
The Canes have three games left in the regular season and Brind’Amour says, “We’ve got to win our next three.”
Meaning, win all three to assure themselves a place in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Three wins would do it. No suspense that way.
To reach the playoffs for the first time since 2009, the Canes need a combination of six points -- either points gained or points lost by the Canadiens. Win all three games, as Brind’Amour said, and it’s a moot point. Win two games, have the Habs lose one and the Canes are in. And so it goes. Six is the number.
All three teams play Tuesday and only the Canes are on the road, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Blue Jackets host the Boston Bruins and the Canadiens host the Tampa Bay Lightning, the league’s best team.
“I learned a long time ago we’re not getting help,” Brind’Amour said Sunday. “We’re going to have to win our games, take care of our business and don’t rely on anyone else.”
The Canes, after the Leafs game, close out the season with a final home game Thursday against New Jersey and a road game Saturday at Philadelphia.
Read more here: No magic to it. Brind’Amour wants Canes to win out to reach playoffs

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
In the past 7 games Jordan Staal leads the Canes in 5v5 points with 4 points. No player has more than 2 5v5 goals (Niederreiter and Hamilton) in the past 7 games. During this time the bottom-6 has been outplayed significantly. In 5v5 play Wallmark (-4 and 25%GF), McGinn (-3 and 20%GF), Martinook (-3 and 29%GF), Ferland (-2 and 33%GF), and McKegg (-2 and 25%GF) are all giving up more than they produce. Canes can't win if they don't have the hardest working bottom-6 in all of hockey.

Here is a fun stat. According to NaturalStatTrick, over the past 7 games looking at High Danger Scoring Chances For (HDCF) among ALL 603 NHLers Niederreiter is #2 (37 HDCF) and Aho is #3 (36 HDCF) and yet both have ZERO High Danger Goals For (HDGF). These two haven't converted one high danger goal in their past 36-37 chances.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Aho has been too quiet. He’s not standing out. He’s had a great year but he needs to be leading right now if he wants to be the man with the huge contract that is the face of the team.

I’ll save my feelings on that for the off season. We need him and TT to step up. It’s not good enough and missing the season from the position we were in is a pretty big disappointment regardless of the season we’ve had.

Is it not plainly obvious he's dealing with some type of significant injury? He's lumbering around slower than Williams at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some type of knee surgery in the offseason.

Speaking of Williams... I've never been the biggest fan, mostly from a personality standpoint (might be too much like me), but jesus christ does that guy give everything he has. I really hope he sticks around for another year.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
No matter what happens, this season was a great learning experience for a very young team. Plus the franchise got its mojo as “jerks” back.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Is it not plainly obvious he's dealing with some type of significant injury? He's lumbering around slower than Williams at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some type of knee surgery in the offseason.

Speaking of Williams... I've never been the biggest fan, mostly from a personality standpoint (might be too much like me), but jesus christ does that guy give everything he has. I really hope he sticks around for another year.

Agreed. Aho is literally standing still on the ice for a good portion of every shift. He's doing nothing away from the puck, which has meant Nino and Williams going HAM on the forecheck but they just don't have the talent that Aho has and the line's effectiveness has diminished. Leads to a lot of odd rushes against as well.

Surely Aho is dealing with a bad injury. Unfortunately that isn't going to change for the next 3 games which makes the team's outlook bleak. Price the team pays for having one dynamic forward on the roster.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Had a bad dream. I'm getting too involved. Way too much. I mean what does your brain is thinking when I ever the dream at the next night and the dream was a about parking in wrong spot. So that could be anything. But the spot was for Carolina fans only and at the end it was because someone hand put a wrong teams sticker on the car. I mean I could make this up but feels unreal to me since it's not. I think the playoffs are too close for my comfort...

I take full responsibility for my subconcious, but I will say, I'm not at fault. I want this so bad. (My father that I lost a few weeks ago to cancer, car was parked in non parking spot irl when there was snow, so of course that one thing but when these two things overlapse... do I really need sleep for few months or so?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad