Carolina Panthers

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
DRSkf_cX4AAR_gD.jpg

We have a bright future ahead with new ownership coming to both the Canes and the Panthers in this offseason

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Glad to see Richardson selling. There have long been rumors of this behavior and I'm glad it finally caught up to him. Hopefully the new owner is able to get things going in a positive direction for the franchise and team. Don't have any worry they're in danger of being moved. It would be stupid to leave Charlotte.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What did he do exactly? I thought this franchise was and has been moving in the right direction....
For what has been reported, he called at least one of the team scouts a racial slur and he verbally and physically sexually harassed a few female employees. The details of how can be found on the SI article, and it doesn't paint a good picture.

Exclusive: New details on allegations against Panthers owner Jerry Richardson

Friday was Jeans Day, when most staffers at the Carolina Panthers team offices would wear denim to work. The female employees knew what that meant. As the team’s owner, Jerry Richardson, made his rounds on the way to his spacious office, he would ask women to turn around so he could admire their backsides. Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up. I bet you had to lay down on your bed to fit into those jeans. Did you step into those jeans or did you have to jump into them?

Richardson was also known for what multiple women call the “seatbelt maneuver.” He would invite female employees out to lunch, and in keeping with his reputation as a self-styled gentleman, he would open the car door for his guests. Once they were seated, however, he would insist on fastening their seatbelt for them, reaching across their lap and brushing his hand across their breasts before putting the belt in the clasp

It's also been reported he called an African American scout of the Panthers the n-word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure why people are acting like Richardson is some kind of victim here if the allegations are true. It's pretty telling that shortly after these allegations come out, he announces he's selling the team and if I read the information correctly, there have already been settlements paid out because of his actions. If a "normal" guy tried to pull that stuff, he'd have been fired long ago. It's a textbook case of a guy with money and power abusing that power (again, if the allegations are true).

If he was truly innocent here, it seems like he would be vehemently denying it rather than saying nothing and selling the team.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Not sure why people are acting like Richardson is some kind of victim here if the allegations are true. It's pretty telling that shortly after these allegations come out, he announces he's selling the team and if I read the information correctly, there have already been settlements paid out because of his actions. If a "normal" guy tried to pull that stuff, he'd have been fired long ago. It's a textbook case of a guy with money and power abusing that power (again, if the allegations are true).

If he was truly innocent here, it seems like he would be vehemently denying it rather than saying nothing and selling the team.
Agreed. Sounds like Richardson used the same inside-the-car trap tactics as Herman Cain did. Must be some correlation between bad behavior and bad fast food with these two.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
[MOD]

But here's my short opinion it's disgusting what Jerry Richardson has been accused of doing if all true. He should be ashamed.

[MOD]

Now how about that Panthers win on Sunday? Pretty fun game! Panthers intercepted Aaron Rodgers 3 times & forced a fumble on Aaron for the first time since his high school playing days.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Alright guys,
We don't want to see this go to far off the rails - I've tried to do some clean-up here. Going forward, discussions about the sale of the team, Richardson's ownership, and the allegations from the SI article, are fair game. Beyond that, any discussions like the SJW/PC culture/millenial/old boys club/Thanks Obama/ stuff will be deleted. If you want to talk about that there's a Politics forum on HF that happens to have a thread on this.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This was my thought when I found out he had put the For Sale sign in the yard. Even guilty people will usually go down swinging unless they're so inescapably screwed that it's better to just own it. The fact that he's trying to go quietly tells me there's a lot of substance to the rumors.

Also, why can't we just protect a two-score lead? It always ends up being a nailbiter when it doesn't need to be.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Alright guys,
We don't want to see this go to far off the rails - I've tried to do some clean-up here. Going forward, discussions about the sale of the team, Richardson's ownership, and the allegations from the SI article, are fair game. Beyond that, any discussions like the SJW/PC culture/millenial/old boys club/Thanks Obama/ stuff will be deleted. If you want to talk about that there's a Politics forum on HF that happens to have a thread on this.
Just out of curiosity, where does local/state politics belong, it seems like politics forum is too broad for that sort of stuff

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I think you guys are underestimating what bringing him in would do to an already skittish/bandwagon fan base. It's no news that Carolina for years has had attendance problems. When they are not doing well that stadium is a ghost town. The season ticket holders simply don't show up to games. I think he stated that just to stir the pot / cause controversy.

Reactions: Identity404

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad