GDT: Carolina Panthers 5: Young and the Restless Fans

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Terrible asset management by the Panthers again. Didn’t they have an offer for multiple firsts last offseason? Sheesh
Prima donna drama in camp and then he sucked all year. And guaranteed to be paid way too much this season with the tag, and guaranteed to think he's entitled to $30m despite only having one star level season in his career and make re-signing a nightmare. No surprise his value was way down. And TBH, regardless of the return, I'm happy he's gone. We can't be paying mediocre players star salaries in a capped league.

Shoulda taken the Rams offer, no question. Insane they didn't. But hey, we should be picking at the very top of the draft again next offseason.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I actually like this move. We were never going to get it first the rest of the league had us over a barrel.

At least we ripped the Band-Aid off and now the Giants can have fun with him and his refusal to run block.

Both of those guards we signed are good, now all we need is a center and we should be in a much better position to protect Bryce.

Reactions: cptjeff

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I just do not care at all about the Panthers any more. Only following the NFL next year to see if Mahomes and co can 3 peat for the first time in SB history. Sad as I've never been happier as a sports fan than that 2015 run (until the final letdown vs the broncos/refs). Tepper has pretty much ruined the sport for me.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I just do not care at all about the Panthers any more. Only following the NFL next year to see if Mahomes and co can 3 peat for the first time in SB history. Sad as I've never been happier as a sports fan than that 2015 run (until the final letdown vs the broncos/refs). Tepper has pretty much ruined the sport for me.
Tepper is THE worst owner in sports. Its bad enough he's been f***ing around with the surrounding local markets, like stealing the Raleigh MLS bid and then talking shit about it during the presser, or pulling the plug on the Rock Hill campus in mid-flight because he couldn't bilk the city out of more money during construction, but he's also arguably the most meddlesome owner in the league when it comes to team operations, and he's nowhere near as smart and cunning as he thinks he is. Everything he's touched on the team side has been colossally mismanaged.

The franchise is f***ed. They will not be a contender while he is the owner. The best thing that could happen to NFL football in NC is if he moves the team elsewhere and we're able to get another expansion franchise. Its not worth becoming a fan of this team because they're going to be terrible for decades, and we all see it coming.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Does Dundon have big boy money to buy the Panthers? Honestly you can't make this up how badly the Panthers are being run right now. Going to the 2015 NFC Championship game was one of the best memories I've ever had. I thought we were headed to being what the Chiefs are now. Ugh.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Tepper is THE worst owner in sports. Its bad enough he's been f***ing around with the surrounding local markets, like stealing the Raleigh MLS bid and then talking shit about it during the presser, or pulling the plug on the Rock Hill campus in mid-flight because he couldn't bilk the city out of more money during construction, but he's also arguably the most meddlesome owner in the league when it comes to team operations, and he's nowhere near as smart and cunning as he thinks he is. Everything he's touched on the team side has been colossally mismanaged.

The franchise is f***ed. They will not be a contender while he is the owner. The best thing that could happen to NFL football in NC is if he moves the team elsewhere and we're able to get another expansion franchise. Its not worth becoming a fan of this team because they're going to be terrible for decades, and we all see it coming.
Agreed on all points.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

How can he be surprised?

How thin skinned must you be to pull shit like this. You're the richest owner in the NFL and you cannot handle some shit talking from frustrated fans without actually going into their workplace and confronting them like a mom with a bob haircut who just saw her 4th grade daughter's reading list?

And I don't care if you took it off slow, don't touch another person, and don't remove clothes or accessories from their bodies. And you damn well know he would have immediately called the cops and sued the establishment had the manager retailiated.

What a piece of shit David Tepper is.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
How thin skinned must you be to pull shit like this. You're the richest owner in the NFL and you cannot handle some shit talking from frustrated fans without actually going into their workplace and confronting them like a mom with a bob haircut who just saw her 4th grade daughter's reading list?

And I don't care if you took it off slow, don't touch another person, and don't remove clothes or accessories from their bodies. And you damn well know he would have immediately called the cops and sued the establishment had the manager retailiated.

What a piece of shit David Tepper is.

He actually stopped in to have a friendly chat with the bar owner.

It wasn't really a thing.

Reactions: DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'm not as in tune with the NFL draft as I am the NHL draft. But seems like the Carolina Panthers are doing the Canes approach a bit and trading back some to acquire more draft capital. Also seems like social media has liked the picks made so far. Maybe things are turning for the better for the Panthers?

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'm not as in tune with the NFL draft as I am the NHL draft. But seems like the Carolina Panthers are doing the Canes approach a bit and trading back some to acquire more draft capital. Also seems like social media has liked the picks made so far. Maybe things are turning for the better for the Panthers?
Well Panthers needs were greater than the picks they had..

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I think the picks have been fantastic so far. Legette, Brooks, and Sanders are 3 offensive weapons for Bryce Young (Brooks is excellent catching the ball out of the backfield. And I believe Sanders was the #2 TE in this draft, so getting him in the 4th round is impressive. Still need a CB and an Edge rusher, but there are a couple of sleepers still on the board.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
With the lack of talent on the roster, I feel as though the Panthers did as well as they could have. It was always going to hurt that we gave up both DJ Moore and our first rounder this year. What I do appreciate is that we have a clear plan in place. We've upgraded the offensive line getting two nice guards who won't shit the bed at every opportunity and good depth along the line with Christansen being able to be both a swing tackle and guard. I thought for sure that we were going to get JPJ to solidify the center position but I understand. As @NotOpie said we got Bryce some nice weapons to help him out. Now it's on Bryce to either perform or we start preparing to hear Shedeur Sanders (haha) being mocked to us next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad