Rumor: Carolina interested in Suter and DeAngelo, 2-3 mil apart from Nedeljkovic, and other fun gossip

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You are so transparent lol. DeAngelo got walked. Just because Trouba gave the puck away easily seconds earlier doesn't change that fact, it was a 1v1 with Aho and Aho broke his ankles.

Anyway DeAngelo's talented, not sure if he fits the vibe of the team. He did get kicked off his last team for attacking the goalie after a tough loss, that's not the kind of locker room guy the 'Canes under RBA want. Suter... I mean the guy's 36, only to solidify the bottom pair at most.

He's right though. That was more a great play from Aho than a bad play from Deangelo. Lots of defensemen would have been beat like that.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also, TDA's off ice antics wouldn't exactly be a deterrant to a.... significant portion of the Canes fanbase who live outside of city limits

Reactions: SlavinAway

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Also, TDA's off ice antics wouldn't exactly be a deterrant to a.... significant portion of the Canes fanbase who live outside of city limits

Or a significant portion of the league itself... The dude is a complete moron and potential scumbag (we don't really know what went on in NY, so can't comment on that definitively), politics isn't and has never been the issue with him.

If the team and RBA decide DeAngelo is worth a shot for cheap then I'm comfortable with it and would be excited as hell for the potential on the ice. But I'm not clamoring for him and prefer we just stay away from him. Let someone else have to deal with the likely inevitable headache that comes.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't get the comments about Gold. He clearly has insight to the team and gets info from Waddell and Dundon directly. No insider is always right because frankly, 99% of personnel moves GMs talk about with other agents/GMs never come to fruition.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don't get the comments about Gold. He clearly has insight to the team and gets info from Waddell and Dundon directly. No insider is always right because frankly, 99% of personnel moves GMs talk about with other agents/GMs never come to fruition.
He did that one time when Dundon probably slipped up in telling him something. He's missed a lot since then

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He did that one time when Dundon probably slipped up in telling him something. He's missed a lot since then

My point is that even the best of the best miss a lot, all the time. Gold has more insight to the team than many want to believe because they aren't very fond of him. I rarely listen to his show and am not a big fan, but can acknowledge that he has connections into the team.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean I wouldn't be shocked if the Canes tried to buy low on TDA if Hamilton in fact is gone. It leaked at one point that they had kicked the tires on Voynov as well, though thankfully sounds like Williams talked them out of that idea.

I couldn't care less about his politics, fact of the matter is that he 1 - is just flat out bad defensively, 2 - has a high propensity for taking undisciplined penalties, and 3 - has a long history of discipline issues dating back to his time in junior outside of his in-game play. Guys that are 25 with his talent level generally aren't on their 4th NHL organization without there being something to the rumors.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
DeAngelo was injured and could barely skate in the bubble. I won't use that play as the be all end all on DeAngelo.

Reactions: Lays

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So Carolina still needs to get a goalie under contract...

In order to meet Expansion Draft requirements teams need to have:

• One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list..

To my knowledge Canes goalies meet none of those conditions.

that's why they made that deal with Edmonton the other day

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
They love the DeAgnelo type down south, dont they.

Keep that boy out of the league. No room for it.

I guarantee he'll play next year. There's going to be at least one team that gives him a chance on a low deal just because of his talent. They'll justify it as exactly that: giving him a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Maybe Brind’Amour and that locker room can keep DeAngelo on the straight and narrow.
Lol, he’s from Philly. Meaning? Meaning that even coming from a place with very low self awareness and emotional intelligence, he still manages to stick out. If you tell a guy from Philly, “try not to take a dump on the cake at the kids birthday party”, a person from Philly will figure out a way to do just that. They can’t help it, it’s their nature.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad