Rumor: Carolina interested in Suter and DeAngelo, 2-3 mil apart from Nedeljkovic, and other fun gossip

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So if Carolina protects Foegele who do they expose instead?

Fast and Lorentz have to be exposed, barring something unexpected (Niederreiter) or a trade. The answer to your question is probably Geekie in the absence of any of that, whose selection would be preferable to losing one of the defensemen (Bean or Skjei).

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What is Ned asking for? $2-3 million apart? Carolina has got to be comfortable with at least $2 million. Ned's best bet is to sign with Carolina and take advantage of that defence to pad his stats and cash in on his next contract.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
People love to dunk on DeAngelo but that play was all Trouba lol. Lots of players get dangled like DeAngelo did, but that Trouba giveaway was absolutely pathetic. Like legitimately would be a brutal play even for a beer leaguer lmao

You are so transparent lol. DeAngelo got walked. Just because Trouba gave the puck away easily seconds earlier doesn't change that fact, it was a 1v1 with Aho and Aho broke his ankles.

Anyway DeAngelo's talented, not sure if he fits the vibe of the team. He did get kicked off his last team for attacking the goalie after a tough loss, that's not the kind of locker room guy the 'Canes under RBA want. Suter... I mean the guy's 36, only to solidify the bottom pair at most.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Dougie will get a better offer than what the Canes will offer. They make take a hard line on Ned. He had a great end to the season but it’s a small sample so I’m not sure they’ll chase that too far. Good news if Foegele is staying. They’ve got enough ufa’s leaving in the bottom six to justify keeping him.

Gold is not a big source of info for Canes fans.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Brind’Amour and that locker room can keep DeAngelo on the straight and narrow.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So Carolina still needs to get a goalie under contract...

In order to meet Expansion Draft requirements teams need to have:

• One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list..

To my knowledge Canes goalies meet none of those conditions.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So Carolina still needs to get a goalie under contract...

In order to meet Expansion Draft requirements teams need to have:

• One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list..

To my knowledge Canes goalies meet none of those conditions.

My understanding is they just need to give a QO to Wells, which is why they got him from EDM yesterday.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
DeAngelo would be a great get for Carolina. Instead of paying $7-8 mil for Hamilton they could pay $1-2 mil and replace his offense easily, while also not really taking much of a hit defensively
He would absolutely kill it there. Especially on the PP. his stretch passes/and vision, with that offense would be lethal. Perfect buy low candidate for them.
I love how everyone was saying he’s done in the NHL, obviously teams want him, just not at the salary the rangers gave him with the character questions. For 1-1.5 mill on a year-2yr deal there would be a lot of suitors.
Teams above all else, look to add game breaking talent to their rosters as cheap as possible. Getting DeAngelo for cheap on 3rd pair is a risk GMs are willing to take, even with the attitude/ locker room questions. Because above all else, it’s talent that wins on the ice. They will try to mentor and mold the attitude issues in the locker room.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
DeAngelo would be a great get for Carolina. Instead of paying $7-8 mil for Hamilton they could pay $1-2 mil and replace his offense easily, while also not really taking much of a hit defensively

Eh not interested in ruining the solid D core of the team with a known locker room cancer who hasn't changed his ways despite repeated attempts of management at EVERY level of hockey from junior to amateur, to semi-pro to pro. This guy doesn't get it, and he won't change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad