Prospect Info: Carolina Hurricanes select C Elias Lindholm at #5

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The options for 3C right now are Skinner, Lindholm, Ruutu, Nash, Welsh and Rask. Are any of those right for that re today? I don't know. But it's not like there aren't options.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Don Cherry being Don Cherry:

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 3m

1) Pardon me again, I just can't get over Carolina picking Elias Lindholm in their first pick passing over Sean Monahan of the Ottawa 67's

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 2m

2) a dynamite hockey player and SSM's Darnell Nurse. And Buffalo taking Rasmus Ristolainen over Bo Horvat of the London Knights. How about

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 51s

3) Dallas taking Valeri Nichushkin over Max Domi. Florida taking Aleksander Barkov over Drouin. Didn't they see the Stanley Cup Finals?

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 1m

4) 15 Canadians on Boston and 13 on Chicago. Bickell from Orono ties the game late and Bolland of Mimico scores the winner. Only European

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 56s

5) who was around was Rask. 28 Canadians in the finals. Please note where these teams always end up in the standings. Guaranteed to stay

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 48s

6) there. Mark it on the wall.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Florida had 20 Canadians play for them this season and we all know how well that went.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
don cherry as an ambassador for canadian hockey is an embarrassment imo. like all of these talking heads his primary objective is 'cough, cough' entertainment and to raise **** or controversy however, cherry also speaks his mind which is scary. ron mclean although i understand it's a show should be ashamed of himself as he sits there like a wimp or frightened puppy. i especially dislike it when cherry directs his commentary/opinions at children and hope that parents are doing there job.

cherry has never liked europeans ever since they first started coming to play in the nhl but in some cases has had to accept the realities of some guys. he is a good example of a guy who perpetuates the "russian factor"/non-factor fallacy.

the unfortunate thing about cherry is that there are many that actually take his word as gospel. he's not the only goof ball associated with hockey. detrimental to attracting new fans to the sport in some ways imho. a representative for canadian hockey :shakehead. he does have great taste in suits however :)

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
He loves Americans too. But nevertheless he's completely out of touch, and has long been irrelevant....

i disagree that he is "irrelevant". there are incredibly many who like the guy and agree with him or at least don't have a clue so take on his opinions as their own and perpetuate his bs.

oilpen

Jun 26, 2013
Cole Harbour
i disagree that he is "irrelevant". there are incredibly many who like the guy and agree with him or at least don't have a clue so take on his opinions as their own and perpetuate his bs.

Agreed. Poor choice of words I guess.

There was a time when he was a good source, but not in many years....that said I've never understood his position on European players...

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Jiri Tlusty ($1.600m) / Eric Staal ($8.250m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Jeff Skinner ($5.725m) / Jordan Staal ($6.000m) / Tuomo Ruutu ($4.750m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.950m) / Victor Rask ($0.863m) / Elias Lindholm ($0.925m)
Patrick Dwyer ($0.900m) / Riley Nash ($0.735m) / Kevin Westgarth ($0.725m)
Drayson Bowman ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / Justin Faulk ($0.900m)
Tim Gleason ($4.000m) / Andrej Sekera ($2.750m)
Jay Harrison ($1.500m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m)
Ryan Murphy ($1.313m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Justin Peters ($0.538m)

OTHER

Buyout: Derek Joslin ($0.125m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.400% of upper limit)
Jussi Jokinen ($0.900m—0.3%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,999,167; BONUSES: $742,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,043,333

Love this line-up. We have to do everything in our power to sign Viktor Stalberg I think. He is a perfect fit for the 3rd line.

If we could get rid of Ruutu's contract for a young cheap D-man that would be another good option as well.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If Boston doesn't allow 2 goals in 17 seconds, the Smythe winner would have been one of Krejci, Rask or Chara.

Food for thought.

A team full of Canadians and Americans wouldn't have allowed a collapse like that. Certainly not in the first round, nor when they've got a 4-1 lead in the 3rd.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Love this line-up. We have to do everything in our power to sign Viktor Stalberg I think. He is a perfect fit for the 3rd line.

If we could get rid of Ruutu's contract for a young cheap D-man that would be another good option as well.

I probably got the pice on Stalberg wrong, but that line up leaves us some flexibility. Also, not 100% sure what the trade for Nikitin would be, but he's a perfect piece. imo anyway.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim 2m

Off topic, @lindholmelias will wear No. 16 at the Canes' prospect camp, and beyond.

NOOOOO!

That's Brandon's number for when he comes back as a knight in shining armor to save us from (the new alignment's equivalent of) 9th!

....:sarcasm:(sorta)

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes 47s
Rutherford: "We feel pretty strong that Lindholm is going to come in and play."

Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes 47s
Rutherford projects Lindholm to slot in as the third-line center. Could also play RW beside J. Staal, but prefers center.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I probably got the pice on Stalberg wrong, but that line up leaves us some flexibility. Also, not 100% sure what the trade for Nikitin would be, but he's a perfect piece. imo anyway.

I agree about Stalberg but he's probably going to command at least 2.5 million. His stock is a little down after a poor postseason otherwise he'd easily get 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad