Post-Game Talk: Carbery Bunny

3 Stars

• Total voters

inranger94

Oct 18, 2019
Missed me?
kaapo-kakko-new-york-rangers-unsigned-2019-nhl-draft-night-photograph_pi3582000_ff_3582223-fa2...jpg

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Speaking of Carbery, why is it that French and Western Canadians insist upon wearing the ugliest suits imaginable?

It’s like they’re trying to be the Joker for Halloween, except they actually think those insane suits looks good. Oh well Canada, Canadians, square tires…what do you expect.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I suck at understanding the cap and call ups from Hartford but at some point someone has to have the balls to give Wheeler/Bonino/Goodrow "rest" or a "break" and see what Edstrom and even Rempe can do on the 4th line. Wheeler especially is providing nothing for this team.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
It's an issue when a game is 60 minutes and your 1 overall is playing 14 and all of his peers are playing 20+

It's an issue.
Oh ok
Well I can't see him getting PP1 time anytime soon so it's really not going to change. I guess he's pretty much f***ed then and his peers will increase whatever gap there is between him and them

Reactions: Miller1983

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Drury is nuts to not have Perry in here already. These guys Bonino wheeler Brodz they’re all on minimum deals can waive them all and cost nothing against the cap. Get a real nhler in here. He’s a lot of what we need to and he ain’t going to be interested in lafs mom. I don’t even know if kakko has parents.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Drury is nuts to not have Perry in here already. These guys Bonino wheeler Brodz they’re all on minimum deals can waive them all and cost nothing against the cap. Get a real nhler in here. He’s a lot of what we need to and he ain’t going to be interested in lafs mom. I don’t even know if kakko has parents.

I laughed.

The problem with Perry is that he will eventually play with Bonino and Goodrow.

Any good he brings to the table will be negated by them.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Missed these last 2 games because I work nights and was sleeping. I saw Kakko came back? Did he at least look useful or was he his usual Alexei Kovalev figure 8s along the boards that resulted in nothing?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah in an ideal world would be nice to have a Perry who would score some dirty goal in front but issue is only one line can get the pucks to the net and to that area. I mean when it was Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick maybe they did it a bit as well. So unless we are playing him with Panarin and Trocheck not sure how effective he will be?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yeah in an ideal world would be nice to have a Perry who would score some dirty goal in front but issue is only one line can get the pucks to the net and to that area. I mean when it was Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick maybe they did it a bit as well. So unless we are playing him with Panarin and Trocheck not sure how effective he will be?
I'm wondering why such a valuable asset hasn't been snatched up already.

Reactions: Slaydagnar and bl02

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Speaking of Carbery, why is it that French and Western Canadians insist upon wearing the ugliest suits imaginable?

It’s like they’re trying to be the Joker for Halloween, except they actually think those insane suits looks good. Oh well Canada, Canadians, square tires…what do you expect.
Carberry is another smug douche. Jon Cooper 2.0

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The most interesting thing about Carbery is how fast his coaching career rose to the big time.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
[/
Listening to kakko

He’s been skating for a month. A month!

And he’s been working out HARD. For a while now.

This leads me very much to believe that yes they A wanted him to heal but B they very much wanted him to get in shape. He wasn’t to start the year. No one can tell me otherwise. They probably reset him completely. Feel like they’re doing similar for chytil right now. He looked very strong tonight. Totally different than he did at the start of the year.
Interesting and I think new approach if true. Guys getting sort of a second training camp to get themselves together. Maybe a better appproach - at least in some cases - than telling a player to ‘fight through it’ and ‘keep pushing’.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think this is still a good team but injuries and mediocre replacement players have really caught up with them lately. Kakko coming back should help one way or another but yeah wouldn’t mind splitting up zibanejad and Kreider at this point except…still have no 3C with Chytil out and that’s what has really been killing them.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Despite the fact that I still don't like Kakko, he is an NHL player and it can't be understated what an upgrade that is on some guys.

That being said, Chytil is the player they need back just because of positional need.

Also can we please, please, please, please start drafting centers again? That's so weird that we almost never do. Plugging in an Othmann or a Cuylle at center would have made a huge difference.

Then again Edstrom looked good there in his one game and the Rangers apparently hated that.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There’s a lot more to this kakko recovery timeline if you listen to his postgame and read between the lines. He was a slob to start the year. Looks like a million bucks look at his face. Totally different guy.

So the question is, why isn’t the staff making sure he’s in shape and ready to go?

Also why was he so good in the preseason if he was out of shape?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad