Post-Game Talk: Carbery Bunny

3 Stars

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At least Glass played in an era where teams still carried tough guys. Not that he did much of that, but that's neither here nor there.

The era of the NHL where you carry a non-NHL player to kill penalties ended 30 years ago.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Also, someone needs to tell Mika every time he tries to one time from that spot, and it goes wide, it's a free clear. Fox can't abandon the middle of the ice on the blue line to anticipate Zibs shanking one wide, even though we all know there's a 95% it's going wide.

I don't understand why Mika needs an orbital windup to shoot off the pass. Ovi used to pot them from there with less than half the windup AND you're more accurate with less of a windup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wasn't able to give the game my complete attention: did Kakko get moved off of the Kreider-Zbad line at some point? Or did he just get a handful of post powerplay shifts away from them or something?

Some reason that he was able to put up 13/10 (CF/CA) while the gentiles were 5/11 and 4/11 respectively.
Yeah, it was a lot of post-powerplay because Lavi kept feeding the other clowns 2 full minutes even though they weren't scoring.

The problem is Zibanejad. Kreider-Brodzinski-Cuylle had like 69 shot attempts the other night.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zibanejad hasn't scored a goal in 7 games.

When he's not shooting hot, this is what he is.

Granted, he's this when he is shooting hot but we get 2 goals out of it so I think people notice less.

That type of goal generation is useful but he has way too big of a role. He should be effectively the 3C at even strength.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Granted, he's this when he is shooting hot but we get 2 goals out of it so I think people notice less.

That type of goal generation is useful but he has way too big of a role. He should be effectively the 3C at even strength.
If and when Chytil is back he should absolutely be put in the role you’ve been saying he should be in. Just put him with two defensive players and let them do whatever. Put Kreider with Chytil and Kakko or a trade acquisition. Then we might have two lines that can score At 5v5.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
We are lucky bounces all went our way for majority of the first half of the season. Right now, I feel like we aren't much better than Toronto, who is a one line team with a dominant power play. That is going to be a big problem in the playoffs where you aren't going to get half the call you get in the regular season.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

If they have him in the right role, he’s a massive cheat code especially if he catches a God mode streak in the playoffs.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Bonino is on the shortlist of worst players to play for the Rangers since the lockout. Here's the whole list:

View attachment 803100

View attachment 803102

I don't care what his role is or that he doesn't play a lot. In the 8-9 minutes he plays, the other team is getting half their offense.
In typical Rangers fashion, we got the guy 6 years after he was actually good

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Lafreniere has earned a legitimate look on the powerplay. I don't know why you wouldn't want that entire Panarin line on the same unit at this point.
Yup. Panarin line with Kreider in front and Fox up top. Simples

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I only saw the last period because I decided after yesterday's efforts it wasn't worth getting up early again, but while being the better team our defensive positioning was still somewhere between 'poor' and 'non-existent'...

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Also, someone needs to tell Mika every time he tries to one time from that spot, and it goes wide, it's a free clear. Fox can't abandon the middle of the ice on the blue line to anticipate Zibs shanking one wide, even though we all know there's a 95% it's going wide.

I don't understand why Mika needs an orbital windup to shoot off the pass. Ovi used to pot them from there with less than half the windup AND you're more accurate with less of a windup.

He just shouldn’t even take it in general. The point -> half-wall one timer isn’t high percentage anymore . You have to absolutely launch it to beat a goalie from there off a non cross ice pass. Fox set him up for a good one late in the game where the pass traveled far enough for Lindgren to have trouble sliding over but Zibs shot got blocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad