Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not that I disagree that in principle, moving Pacioretty was the right call at this juncture, but this is proof perfect that McPhee and McCrimmon jointly should have been kicked to the curb with DeBoer. Now other than Stone, we only have Marchessault and Smith as "big guns" on the wing. Don't get me wrong. Pacioretty will show his age soon if his injuries this year weren't an indication already.

But the "win now" cap hell has reaped what it sowed. We have the first line center we always wanted and two borderline 2c/3cs in Roy and Karlsson. The depth on the wing is nearly non existant at this point and to be honest a big part of the problem is we're paying Pietrangelo superstar money for pretty average first pairing performance.

Honestly, unless Lehner or Thompson play elite in net, I don't see how this team has a shot at a cup. Playoffs? Maybe. But a bad injury bug like last season or even half as bad could easily dash those hopes.

Vegas is gonna be due for a rebuild or retool sooner rather than later with hardly any blue chip prospects to speak of. They gambled and lost big.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
They may not have known. When Vegas jettisoned Schmidt to Vancouver, one of the complaints from even GMs was they had no idea they were even shopping him. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother shopping Patches and just found the first suitor interested, assets be damned.
Or the more fun reason is that every GM in the League despises Vegas and refused to offer them anything just to watch them burn.

Carolina is already going all in with old men from the Pacific so they gave the ol "how about FC" as a joke but then found out it was accepted.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Wow this is insane. Gave away a good player for literally nothing. I can't believe they couldn't even get a draft pick or meh prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad