Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Wtf are they doing? They just gave up a PPG player because they f***ed themselves so hard with the cap.

To fit in eichel, they have lost Tuch, Krebs, Pacioretti, and draft picks.

They aren’t the worst team, but they are the worst ran team in the league
some random gambler from mgm grand would have done better job managing their salary cap,

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
They traded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to acquire Tatar in February 2018 then traded him in September 2018 along with Suzuki and a 2nd rounder for Patches, only to lose him for free.

Essentially they got half a season from Tatar and a few seasons from Patches while giving up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd lol. Asset management at its finest! Making Dubas look good.

It is a joke. If someone was acting like that in a fantasy league they would be kicked out!

I mean seriously, what the f***.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
vegas forward depth has gone to shit now just for acquiring Eichel lol. Only 1 year left on pacioretty’s deal so you’d think vegas would get at least a 2nd round pick but every team they talked to probably offered them nothing since they know the cap situation they’re in.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
How can Canes afford this??

Niederreiter isn't staying probably, but I dunno how they got Pacioretty + Burns. San Jose retained some salary but it still takes a lot of cap space from Carolina. I forgot about Vincent Trocheck leaving. That helped too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I have given up on trying to find logic in Vegas' actions but really, nobody was willing to give anything Pacioretty? Not even a measly 4th round pick or something?!?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I am surprised no other team offered something for Pacioretty. He is still a top forward with one year left on his contract, what I am missing?

They may not have known. When Vegas jettisoned Schmidt to Vancouver, one of the complaints from even GMs was they had no idea they were even shopping him. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother shopping Patches and just found the first suitor interested, assets be damned.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks for ****ing the market for Miller, Vegas.
People always think one GM’s idiocy screws up the whole market but it doesn’t. The main evidence of this is how everyone thought the Leafs contracts for Marner and Matthews would set the market but they didn’t.

Also Miller is worth more than Pacioretty even though this deal is an abomination.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad