Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I can see why Vegas needs to lower their cap, but what's Carolina's angle ? Just getting firepower when it's on sale ?

EDIT: If it's really just future considerations, that is quite a sale for some real goal scoring. Cap space is at an insane premium (yet some guys are getting massive contracts...)
Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Sigurd

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Wtf are they doing? They just gave up a PPG player because they f***ed themselves so hard with the cap.

To fit in eichel, they have lost Tuch, Krebs, Pacioretti, and draft picks.

They aren’t the worst team, but they are the worst ran team in the league
And accepted Weber's contract, it might be LTIR, but it's still an added constraint to team management.

• Haha
Reactions: Riddum

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I can see why Vegas needs to lower their cap, but what's Carolina's angle ? Just getting firepower when it's on sale ?

EDIT: If it's really just future considerations, that is quite a sale for some real goal scoring. Cap space is at an insane premium (yet some guys are getting massive contracts...)

Pretty much. 1 year of 20 goals for free and a bottom 6 prospect as a kicker? Easy yes. Off the books before Aho needs to be extended even.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good lord Vegas has no loyalty to their players or coaches. Absolutely horrendous. Wonder who gets traded need.

Oh and here's a live look at Vegas.
Screenshot_7.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: