Proposal: Car/Tor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You mean other than this season. Aho is better than Marner this season.
Why don't you wait until the end of the season as all the other season's have been completed? Marner is one point behind. And yes, I am aware he has played more games, but he also played bottom 6 minutes for 50 games this season, which more than makes up the 5 game difference.
It's very, very arguable to say Aho is clearly better with 1 point difference. You have to wait until the end of the season. Marner is one of the hottest players in the entire league right now.
I am glad you are so convinced it is over based on 1 point. I am not.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Aho has 95 points not 90, my brain parkoured it's way to tell you this.

And are we still ignoring the matchups Marner gets? He's not facing top pairs or impressive offensive lines.

If Aho continues to do well at C and Marner is stuck on the wing in the near future, Aho will be more valuable.
Yes because he's been stuck getting less ice-time than Aho. That recently has changed, as has his matchups and offensive statistics.
The only reason Marner is 1 point behind is because he has been playing a bottom 6 role. I idea he can get 65+ points in this role in his second season is a terrific accomplishment.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
Yes because he's been stuck getting less ice-time than Aho. That recently has changed, as has his matchups and offensive statistics.
The only reason Marner is 1 point behind is because he has been playing a bottom 6 role. I idea he can get 65+ points in this role in his second season is a terrific accomplishment.

It's annoying how much he produces at even strength, can't even say he gets fed on the PP :P

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's annoying how much he produces at even strength, can't even say he gets fed on the PP :P
That's the thing, this guy's stats shuld be so much better. Every non Leaf fan ignores his playing situation. The second he actually got real minutes and better linemates, he catches fire.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Why can Aho be called better than Marner repeatedly on HF when Aho has never had a better season at any level than Marner? At some points kids, stats matter.

How can you say that? Because Aho was dominating a Pro league while Marner was putting up points vs teenagers. The ONLY comparable playing situation that both competed in before the NHL was the WJC. Aho absolutely obliterated Marner in production there.

Marner: 6 points in 5 GP
Aho: 14 points in 7 GP

Indeed, stats do matter.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How can you say that? Because Aho was dominating a Pro league while Marner was putting up points vs teenagers. The ONLY comparable playing situation that both competed in before the NHL was the WJC. Aho absolutely obliterated Marner in production there.

Marner: 6 points in 5 GP
Aho: 14 points in 7 GP

Indeed, stats do matter.
Very brief touranment and Aho got to play on a team not as deep.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Some people think he is on the Matthews/Eichel level. If that is just a couple Finns, or Canes fans I cannot say but he is a good player. I doubt either team trades their guy.

The JVR and a 3rd for Faulk is funny but I doubt they go for that either.

Actually I never have thought Aho is on Matthews level. Matthews>Eichel. Matthews is elite both ways and Eichel is only good offensive. Aho is better than Eichel defensively, but looses on the offensive side. Marner is IMO not as good as aho defensively, but has more potential offensively. I feel valuewise Aho=Marner at this point.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Very brief touranment and Aho got to play on a team not as deep.
I like how being one of his team's few offensive threats and getting the toughest defensive matchups are being held against Aho now. Anything to make a precious Leafs player appear better at all costs. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad