[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ScoringGoalsAssistsIce TimePoint Shares
RkPlayerAgePosGPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%TOIATOIOPSDPSPSBLKHITFOWFOLFO%
1Sebastian Aho20RW55212546-41616503187015313.798817:574.41.15.51340212248.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Both Aho`s OPS and DPS are better than Marners. So is his points and goals. The only thing Marner has better is his FO%. Ooh and marner is -6 on a + team. Aho is -4 on a much worse team. How is it possible for a sheltered player like Marner?

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
3Mitch Marner20C59133245-6168502221001389.493115:463.70.64.31820413653.2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ScoringGoalsAssistsIce TimePoint Shares
RkPlayerAgePosGPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%TOIATOIOPSDPSPSBLKHITFOWFOLFO%
1Sebastian Aho20RW55212546-41616503187015313.798817:574.41.15.51340212248.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Please look at the stats I provided:

Mitch Marner Points/60 Minutes: 2.901

Sebastian Aho Points/60 Minutes: 2.794

Marner: [Blocked Shots: 18, Turnovers: 32, Take-Aways: 55, Face-off Wins: 41, Face-off Losses: 36]

Aho: [Blocked Shots: 13, Turnovers: 42, Take-Aways: 44, Face-off Wins: 21, Face-off Losses: 22]

LMAOOOO :help: YOUR OWN STATS SHOW THAT MARNER IS BETTER THAN AHO :help: :thumbu:

Vincenzo Arellitti

Feb 13, 2018
Montréal
Both Aho`s OPS and DSP are better than Marners. So is his points and goals. The only thing Marner has better is his FO%. Ooh and marner is -6 on a + team. Aho is -4 on a much worse team. How is it possible for a sheltered player like Marner?

DSP play for the devils, not with aho

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Both Aho`s OPS and DPS are better than Marners. So is his points and goals. The only thing Marner has better is his FO%. Ooh and marner is -6 on a + team. Aho is -4 on a much worse team. How is it possible for a sheltered player like Marner?

What about Points P/60?

What about Blocked Shots?

What about Turnovers?

What about Take-Aways?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brock Radunske

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Leafs aren't trading Marner. Canes aren't trading Aho. Pointless to argue who is better right now. I watch and root for both teams and they are, IMO, fairly equal at this point in time. How they will end up, who knows.
they have differences tho, since you follow both Aho is way more fluid than Marner, when Marner is on his game he is a water bug just constantly moving his feet while Aho looks effortless while schooling fools.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
yup they are close enough that the debate is interesting but pointless.

We can have our own Seguin vs Hall debates for the next decade. No one's saying Marner is bad, and no one's saying Aho is bad, outside of this one dude going off about Marner being ten times better at faceoffs.

Neither team would move these players.

Reactions: remote

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
they have differences tho, since you follow both Aho is way more fluid than Marner, when Marner is on his game he is a water bug just constantly moving his feet while Aho looks effortless while schooling fools.

Marner is more exciting and explosive. I get more of a "Wow" factor watching Mitch and when he's on top of his game and puts it all together, he's dynamic and dangerous. He has the ability to put guys back on their heels more often. He also is better with more space, which is why he's more dangerous on the PP, where there is more time and space.

Aho isn't as dynamic, but like you said, he's looks effortless and is more fluid. He's got a better shot, is a more natural goal scorer, has deceptive speed, and he's stronger than Mitch. Both are good defensively and will only get better.

The people that say one has better vision or hockey sense than the other (which I know isn't directly measurable), just don't watch the two or are way too biased. Aho is one of the most instinctive hockey players I've ever seen. His movement without the puck is uncanny and his vision is incredible. There's a reason people in Finland call him the professor because he sees the ice so well, with or without the puck. Marner, similarly has fantastic vision as well and his ability to see the ice at speed is incredible. Both of them are incredibly smart and have superb vision.

I think Marner probably has more upside offensively if he puts it all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Both fan bases think the trade value favors the other team - so it's probably fair.

That's not what was said. There are ZERO Canes fans who would do it, not one. There are some Leafs fans that said they would and other ones that don't want to trade Mitch, but acknowledge the Canes wouldn't do it either because the value isn't fair.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Marner is more exciting and explosive. I get more of a "Wow" factor watching Mitch and when he's on top of his game and puts it all together, he's dynamic and dangerous. He has the ability to put guys back on their heels more often. He also is better in space, which is why he's more dangerous on the PP, where there is more time and space.

Aho isn't as dynamic, but like you said, he's looks effortless and is more fluid. He's got a better shot, is a more natural goal scorer, has deceptive speed, and he's stronger than Mitch. Both are good defensively and will only get better.

The people that say one has better vision or hockey sense than the other (which I know isn't directly measurable), just don't watch the two or are way too biased. Aho is one of the most instinctive hockey players I've ever seen. His movement without the puck is uncanny and his vision is incredible. There's a reason people in Finland call him the professor because he sees the ice so well, with or without the puck. Marner, similarly has fantastic vision as well and his ability to see the ice at speed is incredible. Both of them are incredibly smart and have superb vision.

I think Marner probably has more upside offensively if he puts it all together.
If Marner were to sacrifice on his back checking then maybe. 1 thing about Marner that blows me away is his hand eye co ordination.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
it's a wonder that people are so worried about UFA's, no one heard of a sign and trade?

happened not to long ago if I recall

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
btw I like Aho, nice player with excellent hands, but Mitch Marner is just on another level
Yeah I'm sure Leaf fans watch the sad sack Carolina Hurricanes team enough to come away with such a conclusion. If Marner is truly on another level, then he's going to be a top 10 player of his generation. Don't hold your breath on that one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad