Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Canes match MTL Offer Sheet for Sebastian Aho (5 years, $8.454M AAV) - Pt.6 | Mod Note in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I thought I remember multiple people saying his agent has had other clients sign offersheets?

Who? One offer sheet is signed in the past 6 years. He has point who refused to sign one because he loves it in Tampa.

Why would this agent only use it for one client?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Except by using MTL, Aho got exactly what he wanted. So looks pretty likely to most observers that it was a “master plan” to get his deal done.

I can think of only 1 certain poster who is hanging on to a fantasy that Aho truly wanted to end up in MTL as looking foolish...

A player signing with another team...that gm specifically coming out and saying the player wanted to come to Montreal. The agent who is Paid by the player to publicly speak on his behalf said that the player “100 percent” wants to play in Montreal.

Yep that’s very fantastical thinking.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
A player signing with another team...that gm specifically coming out and saying the player wanted to come to Montreal. The agent who is Paid by the player to publicly speak on his behalf said that the player “100 percent” wants to play in Montreal.

Verses the player himself saying he was hoping it would work out, and he could stay with HIS TEAM in CAR, and he can't wait to get back on the ice with the guys.
It's just silly that a few hab fans are still dragging this argument out when things are settled and final. There's no point but sheer obstinance now.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

If he really wanted to play in Montreal, all he had to do was tell Dundon that. Dundon admitted during the conference call he wasn't going to make Aho stay if he didn't want to.

There were 5 days between that conference call and when they officially filed the paperwork. In all that time. Sebastian could have gone to Dundon and said "look I want to leave and play for Montreal." He didn't do that, so here we are.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If he really wanted to play in Montreal, all he had to do was tell Dundon that. Dundon admitted during the conference call he wasn't going to make Aho stay if he didn't want to.

There were 5 days between that conference call and when they officially filed the paperwork. In all that time. Sebastian could have gone to Dundon and said "look I want to leave and play for Montreal." He didn't do that, so here we are.

So he would not have matched? You believe that?

You don’t believe the GM of the habs. The agents of the player. But you do believe the owner?

Why do you believe one over the other?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Verses the player himself saying he was hoping it would work out, and he could stay with HIS TEAM in CAR, and he can't wait to get back on the ice with the guys.
It's just silly that a few hab fans are still dragging this argument out when things are settled and final. There's no point but sheer obstinance now.

When did he say that? During the dropped conference call?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
So he would not have matched? You believe that?

You don’t believe the GM of the habs. The agents of the player. But you do believe the owner?

Why do you believe one over the other?

I don't believe the GM of the Habs because if he actually believed that, it looks very much like he got duped by the agent (which is not his fault, other than being naive).

I don't believe the agent because he's an agent and by definition he has an agenda that does not align with either owner's interests.

So it falls to Dundon, and yes I believe him. Because why would an owner pay a $21 million signing bonus to a player who didn't want to play for his team?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why would an owner pay a $21 million signing bonus to a player who didn't want to play for his team?

To protect the asset to trade? To save face? To set a precedent?

Because he said he had the money and it’s not a big deal to him?

Why would the player agent and gm of another team say he wanted to come to Montreal?

Was he lying then? Or the agent? Or MB?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don't believe the GM of the Habs because if he actually believed that, it looks very much like he got duped by the agent (which is not his fault, other than being naive).

I don't believe the agent because he's an agent and by definition he has an agenda that does not align with either owner's interests.

So it falls to Dundon, and yes I believe him. Because why would an owner pay a $21 million signing bonus to a player who didn't want to play for his team?

So MB is making it up? Or Aho lied to him? Or he didn’t speak to Aho?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
To protect the asset to trade? To save face? To set a precedent?

Because he said he had the money and it’s not a big deal to him?

Why would the player agent and gm of another team say he wanted to come to Montreal?

Was he lying then? Or the agent? Or MB?

Point by point..

1. Dundon couldn't trade him if he matched him, for obvious reasons. On the other hand, if he declined to match, Montreal happily refuses to negotiate a trade because they'd way rather give up the draft picks than any roster players and/or prospects the Canes would be interested in.

2. I don't know why the money would make a difference when it comes to making a decision about having a player on your team that didn't want to be there. That's a philosophical stance that has nothing to do with money.

3. The GM said that because the player's agent led him to believe it. The player's agent said that so the GM would extend the offer sheet in the first place.

4. The agent lied if he told him that. If the agent didn't lie, then MB did. There is no reason for Dundon to lie.

Again, if Aho didn't want to play for the Canes and did want to play for Montreal, Dundon basically was given an open invitation to say so. He had 5 days to contact Dundon and tell him he wanted to play for Montreal instead of Carolina. He did not do that.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
The ONLY official statement Aho himself has made, says he wanted to be back in Carolina and avoid a holdout. Jesus Christ how is this shit still going

Reactions: Cane mutiny

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Point by point..

1. Dundon couldn't trade him if he matched him, for obvious reasons. On the other hand, if he declined to match, Montreal happily refuses to negotiate a trade because they'd way rather give up the draft picks than any roster players and/or prospects the Canes would be interested in.

2. I don't know why the money would make a difference when it comes to making a decision about having a player on your team that didn't want to be there.

3. The GM said that because the player's agent led him to believe it. The player's agent said that so the GM would extend the offer sheet in the first place.

4. The agent lied if he told him that. If the agent didn't lie, then MB did. There is no reason for Dundon to lie.

Again, if Aho didn't want to play for the Canes and did want to play for Montreal, Dundon basically was given an open invitation to say so. He had 5 days to contact Dundon and tell him he wanted to play for Montreal instead of Carolina. He did not do that.

If he wanted to play in Montreal, and not in Carolina, he wouldnt have signed a weak ass offersheet, and instead, wouldve done a Trouba and just sat out until he got what he wanted.

If you dont want to play for a team, you dont sign an offersheet to force the move, because all youre really doing is sealing your own fate, unless the OS is clearly not going to be matched. and at 8.5M, that isnt even remotely the case with Aho. I cant believe this delusion is still being perpetuated.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Point by point..

2. I don't know why the money would make a difference when it comes to making a decision about having a player on your team that didn't want to be there. That's a philosophical stance that has nothing to do with money.

1.) you trade the asset in a year.Just like o rielly. You trade them on your terms to get a proper return.

You don’t know what he said to dundon. You don’t know what he said to MB.

You know that both sides said he wants to play for them.

To me. If you can’t trust the word. Look at the behaviour. He DID sign Montreal. He did NOT sign with Carolina.

That’s pretty clear. Whether he ends up long term in Carolina seems a long shot.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
1.) you trade the asset in a year.Just like o rielly. You trade them on your terms to get a proper return.

You don’t know what he said to dundon. You don’t know what he said to MB.

You know that both sides said he wants to play for them.

To me. If you can’t trust the word. Look at the behaviour. He DID sign Montreal. He did NOT sign with Carolina.

That’s pretty clear. Whether he ends up long term in Carolina seems a long shot.

Youre out to lunch if you think Aho gave two shits about whose team name was on that contract. His agent sent it over to him, he scanned for 5 year term, and signed it.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The ONLY official statement Aho himself has made, says he wanted to be back in Carolina and avoid a holdout. Jesus Christ how is this **** still going

The Instagram quote? So the agent lies? He “drops a call” but the Instagram quote is straight from the heart?

Come on. Sure no PR person wrote that.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The ONLY official statement Aho himself has made, says he wanted to be back in Carolina and avoid a holdout. Jesus Christ how is this **** still going

The only official statement he made was signing a contract for another team.

The rest is PR and heresay

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It's become obvious you don't understand the difference between an offer sheet and a contract.

The offer sheet IS a contract ?
A legally binding agreement. What do you think a contract is?

I’m sure Aho really wanted to put the record straight..... to bad he had technical difficulties during a conference call

I’m sure that was legit

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
The only official statement he made was signing a contract for another team.

The rest is PR and heresay

He signed a contract for 5 years. Because that's what he wanted, and the Canes made it clear they weren't moving from 7 or 8,which would have caused a holdout. Aho used the only leverage he had to avoid that, and get his term.

If he actually wanted out, then signing an offersheet for fair market value after the Canes said they would match anything is literally the worst move he could make.

But sure, continue on this solo crusade, and ignore the fact nobody here is doing anything but disagree with you. They're all the crazy ones, says every flat earther

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The offer sheet IS a contract ?
A legally binding agreement. What do you think a contract is?

I’m sure Aho really wanted to put the record straight..... to bad he had technical difficulties during a conference call

I’m sure that was legit

Do you seriously not understand the difference between an offer sheet and a contract?

You have some reading to do. Here you go:

Contract offer sheet questions, answers

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He signed a contract for 5 years. Because that's what he wanted, and the Canes made it clear they weren't moving from 7 or 8,which would have caused a holdout. Aho used the only leverage he had to avoid that, and get his term.

If he actually wanted out, then signing an offersheet for fair market value after the Canes said they would match anything is literally the worst move he could make.

But sure, continue on this solo crusade, and ignore the fact nobody here is doing anything but disagree with you. They're all the crazy ones, says every flat earther

????? If they won’t trade him. Won’t sign him for any less than 7-8.

Isn’t an offer sheet the BEST way to get out?

Aho signed with another team. That’s the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia