Confirmed Trade: [CAR/BUF] Jeff Skinner for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd and 6th, and Cliff Pu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I mean at least they got an OK prospect, a 1st, and 2 top 9 players. Hurricanes got basically a 2nd and 2 thirds.

ROR is clearly better, C and signed longterm in his prime, and they took 2 contracts Blues were happy to get rid of.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The key here for the Sabres: they don't part with anybody on their roster. Good trade for Botterill.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Great GREAT trade for Buffalo. As A leaf fan I'm pissed. How did Carolina give Skinner away for that package. Wtf

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I don't really get why Buffalo would do this, unless they are sure they can keep Skinner around. But good for Skinner, he will get to play with Eichel in his contract year, should set himself up for a big pay day.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
giphy.gif

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This looks like Carolina sold low on Skinner because he wasn’t “tough”.

The only way Carolina gets tougher from this deal, is they are going to have a tougher time scoring goals

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
ROR is clearly better, C and signed longterm in his prime, and they took 2 contracts Blues were happy to get rid of.

They got rekt on the ROR deal and killed the Canes on this one. Redeeming I guess, but still not a great one in terms of trades for the Sabres. They essentially got worse not including Dahlin addition.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I really hope for Carolina they now move Faulk for a forward to replace Skinner.
Add a longterm forward+ future assets to prospect pool for 2 guys they aren't re-signing.

But as just 1 trade this looks weak for them.

They got rekt on the ROR deal and killed the Canes on this one. Redeeming I guess, but still not a great one in terms of trades for the Sabres. They essentially got worse not including Dahlin addition.

They lost Kane+ ROR from the worst team in the league so they need additions.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2