Confirmed with Link: CAR/ARIZ: Marcus Kruger (10% retained by CAR), 2018 3rd for Jordan Martinook, 2018 4th

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm not arguing anything, merely pointing out absurdity. You on the other hand can feel free to dwell on the second round pick all you want. The reality is that it's a crap shoot no matter what and that the choices made were made by those that are far more experienced than any 20/20, armchair poster on the forum.
Those experienced folks are unemployed now. Mostly because of their lack of foresight and unwillingness to to sacrifice for the future.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I wouldn’t be mad. He’s Easily the most entertaining prospect we’ve had available at our pick since Mitch Marner. I’m a fan. He’s worth tuning into watch all by himself.
or maybe since Keller :) Hughes is the Keller on the backend....those 2 on the ice together would be magic (albeit a bit scary defensively).

Hughes or Wahlstrom at 5 please.

rt

May 13, 2004
Be that as it may, it's one that I still wouldn't make over Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist, or Smith if it came to selecting a D.

I’d have him first in that group. He’s showing in the WC that he can adapt his game and play more conservatively without sacrificing a ton of effectiveness. That’s my biggest concern. If he can simplify his game in this tournament and still be effective, he’ll slide easily into 4th on my overall list.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You’re posting on a message board called Hockey’s Future. What do you think this is for? Casual fans who don’t know much about prospects? Why are you even here? Do you join woodworking message boards to talk about the great end tables you bought and **** talk people passionate about saws and finishes?

15 years makes you a mere pup - try being a little more humble and much less authoritative, until you actually have some experience. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but comments like "it's how it's done" from a snot nose really Doan go over well with those that have experience.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Try an actual argument. You post in bumper stickers. Try being less lazy and attempt to make a real point.

No need for me to ramble on like some imbecile, when the intelligent reader can garner the message from the bumper sticker. Beauty in it's simplicity.

rt

May 13, 2004
15 years makes you a mere pup - try being a little more humble and much less authoritative, until you actually have some experience. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but comments like "it's how it's done" from a snot nose really Doan go over well with those that have experience.
Where are you from?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
At this stage I want to concentrate talent. I don't want to trade down for 2 second line players rather than 1 first line player, even if it is a LW. While I do understand the old Soviet maxim that quantity has its own kind of quality, our team already has a surfiet of 2nd line, 3rd line and 4th line players and only one potential 1st line player (Keller). I want another top line player in this draft and at 5 we should be able to get one. I value a Wahlstrom or a Zadina more than I value a Dvorak or a Strome (both IMO projecting out to be 2nd line centers) because we already have them on the roster. What we don't have is enough high scoring wings. Yes and a 1C but I don't see any projected 1C's on the board right now.

rt

May 13, 2004
At this stage I want to concentrate talent. I don't want to trade down for 2 second line players rather than 1 first line player, even if it is a LW. While I do understand the old Soviet maxim that quantity has its own kind of quality, our team already has a surfiet of 2nd line, 3rd line and 4th line players and only one potential 1st line player (Keller). I want another top line player in this draft and at 5 we should be able to get one. I value a Wahlstrom or a Zadina more than I value a Dvorak or a Strome (both IMO projecting out to be 2nd line centers) because we already have them on the roster. What we don't have is enough high scoring wings. Yes and a 1C but I don't see any projected 1C's on the board right now.
I agree in principal but I don’t think that’s reflective of this actual situation. If the Coyotes brass sees a clear line at five between 1st liners on one side and 2nd liners on the other, then they should definitely stay put. Reading what McKenzie had to say about his conversations with 10 nhl scouts recently, it doesn’t seem that’s the common consensus. It seems like the big drop happens later and tberes a bunch of guys all mashed up in the middle of the top ten. He mentioned Wahlstrom specifically as a guy in the middle of a bunch up.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I agree in principal but I don’t think that’s reflective of this actual situation. If the Coyotes brass sees a clear line at five between 1st liners on one side and 2nd liners on the other, then they should definitely stay put. Reading what McKenzie had to say about his conversations with 10 nhl scouts recently, it doesn’t seem that’s the common consensus. It seems like the big drop happens later and tberes a bunch of guys all mashed up in the middle of the top ten. He mentioned Wahlstrom specifically as a guy in the middle of a bunch up.

Puts him right at 5 - on this we have common ground?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00