Confirmed with Link: CAR/ARIZ: Marcus Kruger (10% retained by CAR), 2018 3rd for Jordan Martinook, 2018 4th

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Looking like Martinook going the other way - draft picks and retention may be in play also.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Would be a cap dump on their end so perhaps just a mid-late pick coming with him for a contract.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Martinook seemed well liked in the room, and Richardson is a key part of what little veteran continuity there is in the valley. Understandable to want to upgrade on those two but Chayka should be careful.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm guessing he'll be the #13 forward. I always sort of liked him and Martinook has been a bit on the mediocre side (not that Kruger hasn't as well). At least it helps us get to the cap floor.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How's Kruger compared to Richardson? I'm assuming Crouse takes Martinook's spot.

Once upon a time, Kruger was briefly one of the best checking centers in the league. But I haven't followed what happened to him in Carolina. Arizona is assuming all the risk here, I liked the deal a lot more when it was a 3rd straight up and not a swap of picks.

This is probably a play to bring in another well liked swede to keep Hjalmarsson and OEL happy as well, as a side bonus.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Once upon a time, Kruger was briefly one of the best checking centers in the league. But I haven't followed what happened to him in Carolina. Arizona is assuming all the risk here, I liked the deal a lot more when it was a 3rd straight up and not a swap of picks.

Kruger was available on waivers late in the season and finished in the AHL. Also has had some trouble staying healthy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sidenote: OEL played with Kruger on a WJC team and once on Sweden's WC team.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
How's Kruger compared to Richardson? I'm assuming Crouse takes Martinook's spot.

Kruger has better possession metrics (especially shot suppression), Richardson has better P/60 at even strength. Kruger generally sees tougher minutes than Richardson does, though, and saw like 75-80% of his zone starts in the defensive end during his time in Chicago. They're about even at faceoffs.

View media item 2131

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kruger has better possession metrics (especially shot suppression), Richardson has better P/60 at even strength. Kruger generally sees tougher minutes than Richardson does, though, and saw like 75-80% of his zone starts in the defensive end during his time in Chicago. They're about even at faceoffs.

It's a very lateral move at best if it pans out, assuming Richardson is gone. Kruger has more legs and is more suited to a tempo game but that's about it. The risk is messing with the room, especially with regards to Richardson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad