Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1680198042676.png

YEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWW!!!!!

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

LOL 'happy' and 'critical game'. Already waiving the creative corporate flag...but to be expected.

Ovi goal(s) and a solid L please.

Does anyone want us to win anymore games? Serious question. What would be gained from winning?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I went to the last game in Tampa and tried "watching" hockey for the first time ever. Nowhere near as fun as watching the stat feed.

So I'm staying home tonight and having a blackberry hydromel or two while hoping for an 10-9 regulation loss with Ovie securing the Ovechtrick.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I went to the last game in Tampa and tried "watching" hockey for the first time ever. Nowhere near as fun as watching the stat feed.

So I'm staying home tonight and having a blackberry hydromel or two while hoping for an 10-9 regulation loss with Ovie securing the Ovechtrick.
Woo-Hoo!! That'd be another 50-goal season!!

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I always root for us to win. Especially since we really aren’t in the actual running, as far as I understand it anyway, for Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov. Yes, it’s supposedly a strong draft year, but purposely tanking to improve — marginally — your draft spot? It just seems dumb. Especially when i look at how imperfect the process of drafting is overall. Some absolute gems are picked in later rounds or are not drafted at all. And plenty who are picked in first or second round turn out not to be NHL quality. To me, the front office should concentrate on drafting better and smarter. And on the ice, with whatever personnel are available that night, try to f******* win. As a Caps fan from their very first season on, i just can’t root for them to lose, ever. It’s too deep a habit

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I always root for us to win. Especially since we really aren’t in the actual running, as far as I understand it anyway, for Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov. Yes, it’s supposedly a strong draft year, but purposely tanking to improve — marginally — your draft spot? It just seems dumb. Especially when i look at how imperfect the process of drafting is overall. Some absolute gems are picked in later rounds or are not drafted at all. And plenty who are picked in first or second round turn out not to be NHL quality. To me, the front office should concentrate on drafting better and smarter. And on the ice, with whatever personnel are available that night, try to f******* win. As a Caps fan from their very first season on, i just can’t root for them to lose, ever. It’s too deep a habit
I’ve had enough practice rooting for the Commies and Wiz to lose that while at first rooting for the Caps to lose was really tough, I relied on years and years of training to break through.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Just wanted to add an example of MTL. This team is already decades at rebuilding but instead of tanking they always stayed average. To get good players you really need to be at the bottom for 2-3+ years, tanking to get 10-15 spot in drafting brings you almost nothing but losing culture in locker room.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
LOL 'happy' and 'critical game'. Already waiving the creative corporate flag...but to be expected.

Ovi goal(s) and a solid L please.

Does anyone want us to win anymore games? Serious question. What would be gained from winning?
I believe it's much healthier for the players to retain some shred of dignity and self respect despite it being a difficult year. Athletes play best when they're confident and focused, and that's how I want them to return next year. I don't want them to spend all summer dreading next year because all they do anymore is lose.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just wanted to add an example of MTL. This team is already decades at rebuilding but instead of tanking they always stayed average. To get good players you really need to be at the bottom for 2-3+ years, tanking to get 10-15 spot in drafting brings you almost nothing but losing culture in locker room.
Do you think this team who are cup winners and made the playoffs for the last decade will have a losing culture after a bad stretch to end 2023?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

There's already a losing culture in the locker room. What does winning this game do for the organization? Coach(s) gone after this season. Can't get into the POs. Lavi isn't playing a bunch of new players to assess their capabilities. Sooooo...pride and maybe some newer players want to prove themselves? Ok.

I'd rather us lose the rest of the games in the RS and gain a better draft pick than us winning 50% of the remainder and gain nothing.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I believe it's much healthier for the players to retain some shred of dignity and self respect despite it being a difficult year. Athletes play best when they're confident and focused, and that's how I want them to return next year. I don't want them to spend all summer dreading next year because all they do anymore is lose.

So pride. I can buy that. Didn't show much the last few games. Team is playing poorly and none of our hopes and dreams will fix it.

What is going to make them come back next year with hope and a winning attitude is new coaches, new/better/healthier team mates, and a clean slate. They're professionals. They're not as emotionally fragile as everyday people and posters on this board.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad