Confirmed with Link: Caps sign RW Justin Williams (two years, $3.25M)

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Amazing deal. Would like 3 years but this is good.

He was super quiet all day and so we were we. It made me suspicious. He must of been the FA we brought in. Instantly makes the 1st line better

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Curious, where would this signing rank on all time for caps? Gotta be up thrre

for UFA? been a while. I don't feel like we actually went dumpster diving for once without huge payment. Orpik and Niskanen are legit don't get me wrong, by no means dumpster dives, but they were paid handsomely and so far deservedly so.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Amazing deal. Would like 3 years but this is good.

He was super quiet all day and so we were we. It made me suspicious. He must of been the FA we brought in. Instantly makes the 1st line better

I think the 2 years is better, these next 2 years are huge in ovechkins career.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Wow, that's surprisingly reasonable. Never would've thought we could get him that cheap and for just two years.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Kings fan here. You guys got a good one. Such a clutch player, competitor and character guy. He still has some gas left in his tank. Take care of him. Kings fans very sad to see him go but atleast he signed in the East.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This is an excellent troll by GMBM...

Kudos.

Now keep it up...

I'd say that Mojo, Laich, Brouwer, Ward, Fehr and Chimera all form a sort of doughy "I won't kill you but don't overpay for me" nucleus. All can be replaced by better or cheaper options.

Just have to be sure their replacements are either A: better or B: cheaper or C: (as is hopefully the case with Williams) both...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
This, in turn, effectively spells the end of Joel Ward's tenure in Washington. Ward was looking for around Williams' AAV.
per Prewitt

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sportsnet trolling

#Capitals sign Justin Williams:

Game 7 victories

Justin Williams: 7
Capitals franchise history: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad