Confirmed with Link: Caps sign RW Justin Williams (two years, $3.25M)

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA
JW is going to be awesome for you. A true leader and a helluva hockey player. Hope you don't mind if I come to your board for JW updated. He is one of my all time favorites.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
JW is going to be awesome for you. A true leader and a helluva hockey player. Hope you don't mind if I come to your board for JW updated. He is one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, sometimes it takes awhile to let go. Still missing Willie Mitchell.

Take care of JW for us.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
JW is awesome player and leader. Even a KHL commentator has just praised his attitude and quoted the "winning team, not whining team" saying after some player embellished a slashing through the roof.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
On pace for 25 goals, 57 pts. Great 200 ft player, a leader and very clutch. I couldn't ask for more. J Dub is one of the best signings of the summer if not the best.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Dude is awesome. Beyond the numbers he just seems to always be doing something good - making the smart play to get the puck deep, winning battles for the puck along the boards, finding the open guy, playing decent defense, etc. Great move by GMBM. :yo:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He took a pay cut to play for us. He really wanted to play for the Caps above all. Kudos to his kid who told him "Go play with Ovechkin because he's the best".

And kudos to gmbm for making it happen. If this deal doesn't get done at this kind of discount there is no 2M in cap space at the TDL for people to complain about.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Such a perfect pick up JW. Love how how he can protect the puck in the defensive zone when he's getting pressured as that is only something you can learn in the league after many years.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
And kudos to gmbm for making it happen. If this deal doesn't get done at this kind of discount there is no 2M in cap space at the TDL for people to complain about.

GMBM is managing the cap well, which is honestly the hardest part of a GM's job. Look at how Chicago struggle each off season to stay under the cap.

NapTownCapsFan

Mar 3, 2016
Dude is awesome. Beyond the numbers he just seems to always be doing something good - making the smart play to get the puck deep, winning battles for the puck along the boards, finding the open guy, playing decent defense, etc. Great move by GMBM. :yo:

His puck possession numbers are great, he's made quite an impact for us that you don't see on the stat sheet. And if he did take less to play with us, all the better that we have become a destination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad