Speculation: Caps Hockey General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2017-18 Regular Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It not nitpicking when you drop the worst and best season. You don't want to count the bad one but you need to have the good the focus point of your argument.
Fair enough, he was .50 ppg as a rookie, good for 4th on the team that year in the playoffs. He was .46 ppg player in the regular season so his production actually went up. Does that fit your narrative?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I really shouldn't humor you, but here is Evgeny "fancy perimeter player" Kuznetsov:

kuzneev92

Oh and he had 4 goals (all at even strength) and 3 assists against the Penguins in 7 games last postseason. But yeah he's why they keep losing.

Please just find another hobby, I beg of you. The Capitals have broken you and you need to find something that entertains you or brings you some level of personal fulfillment because this isn't it.

He knows you can’t help yourself. Lol... ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fair enough, he was .50 ppg as a rookie, good for 4th on the team that year in the playoffs. He was .46 ppg player in the regular season so his production actually went up. Does that fit your narrative?

One good, one team gutting’ly bad, and one pretty decent for a rookie....that’s how I’d honestly rate his 3 postseason chances so far.

Last year was huge for him to show he can succeed. Now he needs to do that every postseason he’s in and honestly, needs to exceed his best if the Caps are to win it all.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
One good, one team gutting’ly bad, and one pretty decent for a rookie....that’s how I’d honestly rate his 3 postseason chances so far.

Last year was huge for him to show he can succeed. Now he needs to do that every postseason he’s in and honestly, needs to exceed his best if the Caps are to win it all.
Can't argue with that

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

Let me break down my narrative for you. In 2015-16 he was over a point per game for most of the season. And with over a month to go it just fell off completely. And then he puts up two points in twelve playoffs games in what should have been the teams best chance. To win cup teams need to have guys out play there contracts. He was the one that season. All season long he put 7m numbers while making 3m. And then when we needed him the most we got nothing.

He goes down on the list of regular season all stars like Mike Green and Braden Holtby. That play great all season and don't lift there game when needed most.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Mr Gone should be banned for trolling at this point. :laugh:

Same thing every day in every post ever.

Its a process. People don't like waking up. It took three seasons for people to turn on Mike Green. And its been slower with Holtby. Still with another playoff letdown it will pick up speed.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Its a process. People don't like waking up. It took three seasons for people to turn on Mike Green. And its been slower with Holtby. Still with another playoff letdown it will pick up speed.

I hope it's not the case with Holtby but when goalies go downhill, they go fast, look at Price and Bishop just recently. I'm just glad the Caps have Samsanov waiting in the wings.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

At least he's trending in the right direction though. If he puts up another good postseason like last year, what's your position going to be?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
More than one has called for Ovy to be traded that’s for sure.

I always could judge the objective posters from the irrational ones depending on their stance re: Ovechkin. Anyone who thinks this team would be (or would have been) better without him doesn't (didn't) appreciate how a rare a talent #8 is. He's the best player any of us will ever see play for the Caps and quite possibly the greatest goal scorer of all time. I am making it a point to enjoy every game we get to see him play because he'll be gone before we know it.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
KoolAid posters spewing nonsense!

Ovechkin is barely PPG player in playoffs. So he doesn't get to another level in postseason statistically. Therefore he should have been traded some time ago.

At least last month.

GMBM will be fired for that mistake, one day.

Sorry for my poor English skills.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I always could judge the objective posters from the irrational ones depending on their stance re: Ovechkin. Anyone who thinks this team would be (or would have been) better without him doesn't (didn't) appreciate how a rare a talent #8 is. He's the best player any of us will ever see play for the Caps and quite possibly the greatest goal scorer of all time. I am making it a point to enjoy every game we get to see him play because he'll be gone before we know it.
More than one has called for Ovy to be traded that’s for sure.

I've called for Ovi to be traded the day after we lost game 7, because I was really, really, really angry at everyone and everything.

I returned to my senses in the middle of summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad