Post-Game Talk: Caps/Boltz 7pm (punch, pie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Lightning are winning the perimeter battles. If they're faster AND better on the outside, then what can you do?

Pass better and ram your rushes down the middle of the ice. Not that I have any hope for Barry Trotz instructing his team to do that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Play inside. Caps are working the pick to the middle, but they're not taking the shots quick enough.

Pass better and ram your rushes down the middle of the ice. Not that I have any hope for Barry Trotz instructing his team to do that.

But if they're faster then you aren't beating them up the middle unless someone is wide open since they're closing on the puck carrier so quickly (disrupting the pass) and you can't get behind the defense unless you're cherrypicking. Then you go to the boards and lose there, too.

Generally if you can't do one you need to be strong at the other. I'm actually amazed the shots are about even given how little sustained zone time with clear possession that they'e had.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I think we're gaining the zone more on the PK than at full strength

I want to know where the aggression we show on the PK goes when we're at full strength. Our PK is insanely aggressive.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Observations: no hustle at all. Lightning faster and winning most battles. Shoot the damn puck

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
csb: I actually do have punch and pie. Didn't plan it. This means something.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Paul Carey on primary penalty killing duties with Beagle with Winnik out of the lineup. Why do I feel like Carey could well end up as our 12/13th F by the TDL? He was strong in his games last season, had a good camp, has been scoring a lot in the AHL, and is playing over one of our regulars. And costs the league minimum.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
means you can be drunk and fat by the end of the game

tumblr_n0p2zehq3H1t72y0po1_500.jpg

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Carlson is seriously becoming a PP liability. How many short-handed rushes has he caused this year?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark