Post-Game Talk: Caps/Boltz 7pm (punch, pie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Also free hats.

If the Caps don't get a point and Philly beats Chicago then the Caps drop out of a playoff spot.

a6462.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'll be at the game tonight. Look for the guy in a Dmitry Orlov jersey who isn't watching the game, but instead has his tablet and calculator out watching the Corsis accumulate.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Look for the guy in a Dmitry Orlov jersey who isn't watching the game

Seems like Orlov isn't watching the game when he makes his trademark passes from his own end, either.

I'm hoping we'll come away from this game with more positive things to say about the team's offense, even if we don't come away with the win.

Tampa's defense isn't always great (i don't think they play a defensive a game as the Caps normally), but they're a team who knows how to score.

Sep 19, 2008
Was in the bathroom at Verizon Center during the game Thursday and was shocked to hear Walton say that the Capitals are 2-4 in the Metropolitan which is surprising. The defending champs are having a bit of difficulty in the division they dominated last year. Teams like the Hurricanes, Islanders and Blue Jackets have managed to beat them.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I'm interested to see how the power play looks - especially with Vrana on PP2, and apparently the old gang back together on PP1. Marcus remains third-best in PP points (four, all from when he was on PP1), while Niskanen and Kuznetsov have just one each. If this is a system problem than a personnel one, tweaking the unit that was so successful last year makes more sense than tweaking one that hasn't yet proven it gels.

(My prediction: a PPG during the first or second man advantage. And either Carly or Mojo will get a point from it.)

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
What happened to Japers Rink? They used to have like 500 comments after each post. Now they barely have 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad