Post-Game Talk: Caps @Bolts G5 7:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The idea is to wait for Vaselevsky to get into position on the short side and then shoot high.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
rofl... still blaming the defense... their defense sucked as much as ours did... they won 3 games straight. Difference? Vasi made saves, Loltby did not. Different year, same Loltby.
I thought their defense was a whole lot better. Holtby needs to be better, but so does this defense. There is more to playing defense than puck moving, which half this board seems to have a weird fetish for. "DID YOU SEE ORLOV SKATE PASS THAT GUY" Yes but he didn't score "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM THOUGH. OMG LOOK AT ORLY. ORLY"

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
8 - 92 - 13
18 - 19 - 43
10 - 20 - 77
I don't care, do'nt play them unless you have to.

9 - 2
29 - 74
I don't care, just rotate Kempny as needed.

That's what we need in game 6.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Caps look like the worse team, sorry it's quite obvious. They will require a massive motivational speech or something. Or else a massive tactical change.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
That’s what everyone said last year and they’ve already gone further than the previous two seasons.

I am consoling myself by saying that I really wanted to see the Caps play Winnipeg in the finals. Now that it's almost certainly going to be Vegas, maybe it's better to dodge that bullet and see how the Bolts go against them.
I can't bear the thought of watching Fleury torture the Caps yet again. And the way he's playing he WILL destroy us. Then not only are we the laughing stock Capitals who choke against the Pens, we're the laughing stock Capitals who finally made it to the Cup finals
only to lose to an expansion team in their very first season.
That might be the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: calicapsfan

aquablue

May 4, 2010
This team has the worst mentality.
Game 4 was the death knell

They’re ****ed on Monday. They’ve literally come out and said they are nervous playing at home.

Ridiculous. This team needs their heads examined, and they need to fire their sports psychologist.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The game gets softer and softer each season, each team is a clone of cycling monkeys....the product bores me most nights unless the Caps are winning.
Yeah. It’s kinda sad, but I agree with this. Used to watch non-Caps games regularly. Now I almost never do. Bettman’s parity is nothing more than cookie-cutter hockey. Just like the matching websites, the absurd light shows and constant blaring noise, the cheerleaders :cry:, and the in-game giveaways and intermission “entertainment”.

Vegas may be the ultimate expression of that vision. So of course they’ll win a championship in their first year.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Disagree.

Caps games get more painful, especially as Ovi ages but I enjoy watching the playoffs as much as ever.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
It's a tough pill to swallow because they gave us some hope of a SCF appearance but they really weren't supposed to get this far in the first place.
You're talking like the Caps just lost the series and they're not coming back to Washington for game 6.

Literally every series that goes 6 games is a 3-2 series. The Caps are not in uncharted waters. Teams have won when in this position many, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad