Post-Game Talk: Caps @Bolts G5 7:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think Stephenson is one of the unsung heroes for the team this postseason. Has a tremendous workload on any line, seems like JoJo type player with a better d-zone game and lesser offensive creativity although he's good there too.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

- Who likes these changes?
- *raise my hand*.

Let's go!

The forward lines are exactly what I was hoping for. I mean every player on every line. I think this gives us the best chance of winning.
I guess the dcore is too because we don't have many options. Kempnys play has tailed off. Some bad turnovers and penalties. And I'm not high in Djoos. He is OK with the puck but I'm sure he has lost every single board battle he has been in.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think Stephenson is one of the unsung heroes for the team this postseason. Has a tremendous workload on any line, seems like JoJo type player with a better d-zone game and lesser offensive creativity although he's good there too.
I thought a lot of pressure was put on Stephenson in game 3 when his wingers were Connolly and Burakovsky. He had a lot more defensive responsibility with those wingers and I think it may have been his worst game of the playoffs.

Reactions: chilimac

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The forward lines are exactly what I was hoping for. I mean every player on every line. I think this gives us the best chance of winning.
I guess the dcore is too because we don't have many options. Kempnys play has tailed off. Some bad turnovers and penalties. And I'm not high in Djoos. He is OK with the puck but I'm sure he has lost every single board battle he has been in.
Agreed except that I don't worry about Kempny, that was a brainfart last game, that happens, he's no Vlasic or Ekholm. He's been way more than what we expected and his game has a solid flair to it. Nothing special but solid. He'll be fine
I thought a lot of pressure was put on Stephenson in game 3 when his wingers were Connolly and Burakovsky. He had a lot more defensive responsibility with those wingers and I think it may have been his worst game of the playoffs.
He aint ready to carry the whole line, thats too much for a rookie in the conference final. But he's been very good when it comes to details and those 'intangibles'. Just wish he'd shoot more when the opportunity is there.

Reactions: Tweedsuitcase

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Agreed except that I don't worry about Kempny, that was a brainfart last game, that happens, he's no Vlasic or Ekholm. He's been way more than what we expected and his game has a solid flair to it. Nothing special but solid. He'll be fine

He aint ready to carry the whole line, thats too much for a rookie in the conference final. But he's been very good when it comes to details and those 'intangibles'. Just wish he'd shoot more when the opportunity is there.
I agree about the shooting. He plays a bit too conservation at times. But I really like his game. He is quickly becoming one of my favorites Caps.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Everybody's feeling OK. i like it.

I live and work in the Tampa area (St Pete and Clearwater) and I didn't even feel too bad about some mild ribbing at work after game 4. It's 2-2. Thoroughly enjoying it through the in-game nerves.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not that it's anyone's responsibility but this game is at 7:15 according to my yahoo scoreboard as opposed to 8pm like the others. May want to note that in the OP or title.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
At the very least this coaching staff and front office appear very observant and responsive. Maybe they just read HF ....lol. In years past the "if they knew anything about the game" attitude would prevail and we'd all be arguing about what we see vs. what they say really happened.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I think the 18-13 swap it's because Nicky is not 100% and they want another C on the same line. Yeah I know he had 67% on faceoffs last game but still

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
At the very least this coaching staff and front office appear very observant and responsive. Maybe they just read HF ....lol. In years past the "if they knew anything about the game" attitude would prevail and we'd all be arguing about what we see vs. what they say really happened.

I agree. I still want to see special teams adjustments before fully praising the staff but it’s hard to complain about lineup decisions too much this postseason (save for top line DSP). I think they handled the goaltending well, the D corps well, and they handled Backstrom’s absence well in terms of lineup decisions.

I’m feeling rather good about this game tonight. The crowd is going to be raucous but as long as they don’t take any early penalties I have a feeling the Caps will continue to carry the play. Holtby is going to need to be good but he is certainly capable of it. He overcame his own Penguins demons so there’s no reason he should be doubting himself.

Reactions: g00n

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
NfFfwm5.gif

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Could you blame them?
Yes. This roster has given us more than any in 2 decades. So naturally folks think the appropriate response if they don’t win out is to throw a massive tantrum. I desperately want this team to advance, but it’s fair to say they’ve already far exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: Jags

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Yes. This roster has given us more than any in 2 decades. So naturally folks think the appropriate response if they don’t win out is to throw a massive tantrum. I desperately want this team to advance, but it’s fair to say they’ve already far exceeded my expectations.
I think everyone has a different take. I see the "tantrums" as more of frustration with the fact that people realize the clock is ticking on Ovechkin and company to have a chance to win here. That hurts for people and rightfully so and everyone deals with it differently, I don't pretend to know which reaction is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad