Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
All I can say is, if George McPhee wins a Cup with an expansion team when the Caps were two games away from the finals, I am ceremoniously chopping my own head off with a rusty machete, then posting it to youtube, because it will be all the proof I need that God exists and he hates Caps fans.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
All I can say is, if George McPhee wins a Cup with an expansion team when the Caps were two games away from the finals, I am ceremoniously chopping my own head off with a rusty machete, then posting it to youtube, because it will be all the proof I need that God exists and he hates Caps fans.

its going to happen

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
All I can say is, if George McPhee wins a Cup with an expansion team when the Caps were two games away from the finals, I am ceremoniously chopping my own head off with a rusty machete, then posting it to youtube.

I'll be more mad because it'll "vindicate" him for so many people when, in reality, he's had as many hits as he's had misses. Some of the picks he had were just no brainers for certain teams.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
giphy.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
As long as there is life, there is a chance. Perhaps the most infuriating thing is the final two minutes of the third. We all ask where is that effort early on. Whoever coaches next year needs to focus on youth. All I ask is give Vrana a chance to be our hero in the remaining games. The kid is just waiting to take the next step. Yes, I would roll with fast guys on Monday. We got nothing to lose.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not picking on you, but I stridently reject this argument. It only makes sense if the goal was to manufacture an artificial market. And it was. No one in Vegas wanted a hockey team. The point of expansion is that you put a not-good team somewhere that there’s a sufficient neglected fanbase and then let it grow from there. Canada has many such places. But instead, Bettman puts teams in Arizona and Nevada. He learned from the Coyotes failure that to make this work at all you have to cheat at the expense of established franchises and fan bases. I say **** that.

Yep, Winnipeg should not lost the original Jets. The sun belt expansion ruined it for some Canadian cities.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I don't want Vegas to win, but I also don't want Chris Kunitz to have 5 Cup rings. I am in desperate need of a miracle in either conference final.

If it comes down to Vegas and TB, I'm going with Vegas. In reality I won't even care and probably not watch the Finals. I can only tolerate Pierre so much. I will always hate GMGM, but guys like Schmidt and Neal deserve a chance. I also like Gallant. About the only thing I like about TB is Cooper. He seems like a guy laid back and talk hockey all day.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Someone posted earlier their cruise is next week. Let's hope no Caps player is on that trip,lol.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
rofl... still blaming the defense... their defense sucked as much as ours did... they won 3 games straight. Difference? Vasi made saves, Loltby did not. Different year, same Loltby.

I can blame the defense. Why? Some situations they let Holts out to dry and Kempny's giveaway could possibly be the series difference maker. Despite that, they've made it farther than expected. When it comes down to it, the special teams is the biggest failure so far this series.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We played very offensively conservative tonight (not to mention disjointed and sloppy). Unless the puck got in deep it was pretty much 1 guy entering the zone with the puck alone.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
So, um, this is the Caps playoff hockey we know and love.

A team that plays well until its expectations mount, eeks out a long series and then gets trounced in Game 7.

I knew dressing Burakovsky and Backstrom was a giant mistake. The Caps youth and naivety served them well.

Reactions: calicapsfan

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
We'll win the next game, Mark my words. Caps will play like their life's are on the line (which they are) and they'll be a game 7. Then who knows in a one game shootout we've already thrown one monkey off our back this playoffs, why not another?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Not picking on you, but I stridently reject this argument. It only makes sense if the goal was to manufacture an artificial market. And it was. No one in Vegas wanted a hockey team. The point of expansion is that you put a not-good team somewhere that there’s a sufficient neglected fanbase and then let it grow from there. Canada has many such places. But instead, Bettman puts teams in Arizona and Nevada. He learned from the Coyotes failure that to make this work at all you have to cheat at the expense of established franchises and fan bases. I say **** that.

Yeah, what you're saying actually makes a lot of sense. It's been a long time since expansion was about putting a team in the kind of location you've described. I actually think there are too many teams and expansion wasn't necessary. But it's all about the $$$

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Another ****ing frustrating loss.
sloppy in the first, and it (+ refs) costs us the game. How can you miss a trip like that??? "**** this league"
btw, are we allowed to score with hands now in hockey?:huh:

much better in the 2nd and 3rd but the luck wasn't on our side. How many posts? 2?3?4?

I still believe in this team, I think they can regroup and win. Because we're the better team in the series, no doubt.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lucy hasn't yanked the football yet but she's got a good grip on it.

TB earned that G5 win whereas I think the Caps were the better team in G4. The Caps were UNPREPARED for the level of intensity TB brought to the table in G5 as evidenced by the two early period goals, and the overall fact that TBs high-pressure game completely disjointed the entire Capitals team. TB was on 45rpms, DC on 33.

I don't know what we were trying to do offensively, if anything. It looked like nobody had any idea what to do with or without the puck. Knowing how they've looked before, you have to believe there was a plan/system in place and they just couldn't execute it. TB deserves credit for that by punching the Caps in the mouth early on.

And speaking of punching in the mouth, where has the physical game gone? Ignore the hit stats, where is the intimidation factor? This is where Trotz inevitably becomes conservative and loses the series. When the PK fails a bit more than you might expect...EVERYONE PANIC. Time to back off and stop playing with the level of aggression that got you in position to win. I thought he had beaten this demon but I guess not.

Orlov and Niskanen were terrible for most of the game. We've seen that pairing play like world-beaters and we've seen them play like mites. I hope they got the latter out of their system until next year.

Disappointment is the life's blood of every Caps fan. We're used to it. But I had Caps in 7 from the start and I'm sticking with that.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Another ****ing frustrating loss.
sloppy in the first, and it (+ refs) costs us the game. How can you miss a trip like that??? "**** this league"
btw, are we allowed to score with hands now in hockey?:huh:

much better in the 2nd and 3rd but the luck wasn't on our side. How many posts? 2?3?4?

I still believe in this team, I think they can regroup and win. Because we're the better team in the series, no doubt.

What gets me is if the Caps do that, it would be called back and the game goes to OT. The hand clearly pushed it in. Regardless, they shouldn't rely on it and started out hungry.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad