Confirmed with Link: Caps Acquire Hagelin for 3rd & Conditional 6th

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As much as I've enjoyed Hagelin on the Caps I think AJF wins this in a landslide.

axel-jonsson-fjallby-1.jpg

Sorry, immediately disqualified for not being on the same continent that the contest is being hosted on. ;)

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Definitely agree with this but the knock on Hagelin is that he doesn't have great puck skills and he can't finish - which is also consistent with how he has played.

That said, I think he's a net positive on the third line. Between Connolly and Eller, that line doesn't lack the ability to shoot the puck. Him being a hound rounds them out nicely.

And adding Burakovsky does elevate the fourth line's ability to put the puck in the net so I think it's just all around good for the team (not to mention Hagelin improving the PK).

I don't care if he scores another goal. If he keeps the puck in the O-zone, Larry or E-Conno will finish the job. I also like that he doesn't hesitate to shoot the puck when he has the chance. One thing is certain, when he is on the ice, he is noticed. Haven't seen much gliding from him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't care if he scores another goal. If he keeps the puck in the O-zone, Larry or E-Conno will finish the job. I also like that he doesn't hesitate to shoot the puck when he has the chance. One thing is certain, when he is on the ice, he is noticed. Haven't seen much gliding from him.

Yep great motor.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I go to my barber and say give me the Iafrate, it's like the Ben Franklin with a bridge across your dome
al-iafrate-haircut.png

OMG, that may be the worst hair I've ever seen, not just in hockey. Sadly I think an "Iafrate" is probably in my future as well.

It looks almost like he got hair plugs at age 23 without realizing that the future was coming.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be more playful with the joke if I felt like the guy was not a deserter and coward. Is that too strong?

Well, I at least get it as I tend to hedge towards your side. I was pretty bummed he took his toys and ran home.

That said, let’s see what happens next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad