Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Real Breaking News

giphy.gif

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Meh.

The price is slightly higher than i hoped for, but if he plays with a chip on his shoulder against the Penguins it might be worth it. Atleast it should make the opposing PP unit wary of SH threat he poses.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Drafting is a numbers game in hockey. Very few sure things. So I want as many picks as possible, so we have a better shot at finding those players. Yeah 6th round guys usually don’t pan out, but not picking never brings tallent in. If hagelin can still play ok, but prior to the trade I kept reading how he had slowed down and was not the same player from a couple years ago. We will see soon enough

Reactions: Hivemind

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Caps last few 3rd round picks:

2018- Sutter
2016- Pilon
2014-Walker
2012-Stephenson
2010-Galiev

So basically the ceiling of our 3rd round picks is slightly worse than what Hagelin brings to the table.

Seems like both teams got a fair deal to me.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He's gonna be on the 3rd line with Eller by the playoffs negating icings and forcing other teams to chase him around. Good for the PK too.

One of those additions that can really really pay off if he gets going.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hags at 50% retained is the GMBM special.

Low risk high reward move. He might be a bust, but he also has potential and proven value in past post seasons. Again even if he's a healthy scratch every playoff game we really only gave up a 3rd for him, Jaskin was never going to contribute in a meaningful way in the ploffs and we got him for free.

Reactions: Sam Spade
Sep 19, 2008
DSP was a good guy but didn' do much over regular season. Would be willing to gamble with Hagelin playing the back lines. Maybe he can do more. And it's not like he hasn't performed in the playoffs either.

I am cautiously optimistic about this. I want to see what happens first. Plus I tend to trust what Brian is doing with this team. The only blemish you can really list on him during the trade deadline was the deal for Shattenkirk. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This the same guy who traded for Kempny last year. And that worked out well.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad