Confirmed with Link: Caps Acquire Hagelin for 3rd & Conditional 6th

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Yep, we surely haven't seen the last of DSP, there will be someone nicked up come playoffs. This could be a blessing in disguise for DSP (for fans/caps), he very well may have a fire under him if he gets a chance again in the playoffs.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Well sure. If you want to stir the pot, you change things up. 19 and 92 or something. You scratch someone different. So, if the Eller line goes dark, sure.

I will say this, though, Reirden was asked where he would use Hagelin and he said that was TBD because there might be another move coming. For all I know that was just smoke, but it might be that Burakovsky is still in play.

It would not shock me if they thought they could move Burt in a plan to put a more legit 4c face off guy in the lineup. Then Hagelin makes sense. That then reopens a spot in the lineup for DSP come playoffs

trading Burt for a 4C seems backwards... sure its something we could use but it's a still a downgrade. We didn't acquire Hagelin to replace Burt, we got him for his defensive play.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Is it common place for a GM to break up a line that finally gets hot, at the dead, on a tender?

I have to say it would be dumb. Bura ain't all that but if he is a part of a functioning line....

384eecccfef293085f284d7cada59a9c.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am psyched to learn that we basically lead the league in attempting stretch passes.

While I suspect it may be our D just getting the puck the f*** out, it bodes well to use our fast shiny new toy to his maximum. Willy in the loffs last year was fantastic springing Kuzy on breaks and footraces, and hope he teaches the bottom 6 how to do it.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Apparently Pitt wanted him but couldn't re-acquire him per @BiPolar Caps " the Pens had been interested in reaquiring Hagelin but they couldn't since it was less than 12 months from the transaction with the Kings and the fact that they also retained some of Hags's contract as a result of that transaction"

Haha f*** them and f*** that asshole Rutherf***.

Hagelin leads the modern world in NHL playoff games played. Not a bad thing to have on the resume.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
First, can't believe someone has already publicly criticized this guy. Better check for black mold in the room you're posting from...

Hagshair has been great. Now I know why I didn't like him before. He's a fast-moving pesky player who never quits. He's like a fly in the dark you can't find or swat. Always buzzing around, doing his job, and creates offensive opportunities for his line-mates. His line hemmed in the isles last night for what seemed an eternity. Think he motivates anyone on his line to move their legs more and this team can use less lazy-glide in their skating.

He's kinda like a faster-Beagle, but likes the internet and has bad hair days.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How has Hags been for you guys?

Not really excited for him to skate circles around our D on Tuesday.

Well as some one who wanted him from the jump this season I may be biased but I think he has been slightly better than advertised. He is a "disrupter" on the ice just as he has always been.

He keeps the puck out of the defensive zone when he is on the ice and that is his strength (62% CF so far). He has two points, which is two more than I thought he'd have and the Caps are 5-1 in his six games with the Caps.

Not sure of his PK effect just yet, the Caps have given up 3 power play goals in those six games, maybe still a work in progress there.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
First, can't believe someone has already publicly criticized this guy. Better check for black mold in the room you're posting from...

Hagshair has been great. Now I know why I didn't like him before. He's a fast-moving pesky player who never quits. He's like a fly in the dark you can't find or swat. Always buzzing around, doing his job, and creates offensive opportunities for his line-mates. His line hemmed in the isles last night for what seemed an eternity. Think he motivates anyone on his line to move their legs more and this team can use less lazy-glide in their skating.

He's kinda like a faster-Beagle, but likes the internet and has bad hair days.

Definitely agree with this but the knock on Hagelin is that he doesn't have great puck skills and he can't finish - which is also consistent with how he has played.

That said, I think he's a net positive on the third line. Between Connolly and Eller, that line doesn't lack the ability to shoot the puck. Him being a hound rounds them out nicely.

And adding Burakovsky does elevate the fourth line's ability to put the puck in the net so I think it's just all around good for the team (not to mention Hagelin improving the PK).

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Definitely agree with this but the knock on Hagelin is that he doesn't have great puck skills and he can't finish - which is also consistent with how he has played..

If you hired the guy to score goals, you have hired the wrong guy. Having Hagelin makes up for not having Beagle in some ways. Thru different skill sets.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad