Post-Game Talk: Caps 5 Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Team didn't have it tonight but absolutely disgraceful how this league allows its officis to arbitrarily decide when and when not to follow their damn rule book. There were four blatant fouls in the last 4 minutes including a Boateng hook that is always called that sealed the game for them. f***ing joke of a league.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Turned this game off 1/2 way through the second. This team still has issues with slow starts and sometimes not showing up at all. Games like this make you hope that the good play for most of the season isn’t a mirage and they don’t revert to what ever this was.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
ae2e32b92981a2c033bc14f48a91a1c2.gif

Such a weird game. I hate to blame the refs but the non calls were egregious

Many Dostoevsky guys

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Team didn't have it tonight but absolutely disgraceful how this league allows its officis to arbitrarily decide when and when not to follow their damn rule book. There were four blatant fouls in the last 4 minutes including a Boateng hook that is always called that sealed the game for them. f***ing joke of a league.
The league would love Ovie in the playoffs, Jets not so much

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't think the Jets were getting a call in the 3rd period short of a near homicide occurring on the ice. The no call on Dubois nearly made my spit out my drink. The reffing was an absolute clown show tonight.

Hardly the reason the team lost, though. Can't show up for one period and expect a result against a team who is committed to a defensive system and will contest every inch of ice.

Interested to see the response from the squad in a massive game against Vegas on Tuesday night.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
this was the 3rd game in four nights...
Yeah, it was - but they found their legs in the 3rd so they could have had them in the 1st.
I'm not going to sweat it - you don't win them all - but they need to be consistent in how they play.
These little reminders of how they need to come out to the gate, will help them down the road.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I turned it off half way through, as it felt a losing battle. Sorry to find out my instincts were right. But at least I spent my time doing something more enjoyable.

Onto the next one.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Don't think the Jets were getting a call in the 3rd period short of a near homicide occurring on the ice. The no call on Dubois nearly made my spit out my drink. The reffing was an absolute clown show tonight.

Hardly the reason the team lost, though. Can't show up for one period and expect a result against a team who is committed to a defensive system and will contest every inch of ice.

Interested to see the response from the squad in a massive game against Vegas on Tuesday night.
Yep. Abysmal effort tonight but referring continues to make me scratch my head. Butter soft call to give the Caps a two-man advantage and then nada in the 3rd.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets seem to have trouble against these Eastern teams like Washington, and Pittsburgh and the like. The Jets did not come out to play til the 3rd period, and deserved to lose that game. Would have been great if the Jets would have played all 3 periods like they did in the 3rd, and we would have had a good chance to win this one. Also about 2-3 blatant missed calls by the refs. On to the next one -- keep the faith. :nod:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad