Post-Game Talk: CAPS 4 jets 1

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Let’s just stop using excuses we know that we are shorthanded but , it doesn’t really apply tonight. Caps are just as hurt as we are and they’ve won 6 out of secven or something like that. bottom line is it is not gonna be a very good next 30 days for this team. We are dressing nine or 10 players that make under $1 million not expecting too much.
Jets do not match up well vs the East. 6 of their losses were vs east teams.

P.s. keep your goalie in to avoid having to watch that celebration of an empty net goal ugghhh

Reactions: nothingbutrum

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I turned tonight's game off at 3-0, my premonition told me how it was going to end. You can't fault the team for being tired. My favourite part of the game was Scheifele's emotion in getting screwed by the refs. You play so hard to have all the breaks go against you, it's frustrating, that's the human and competitive aspect of the game.

I don't really have any opinions on any player, except one. The new Karson Kuhlman? To me it seems like he is making a lot of mistakes out there. Stick infraction, turnovers, coverage. I mean it's a new system, but I'm starting to wonder if the Jets wouldn't have been better off calling up Krisitan Reichel...Same kind of player. Kuhlman might turn out to be a waiver rental, I don't really see him as better than anyone in the lineup. Especially once guys get healthy. Definitely think it was a mistake to put him on Scheifele's line, I think that's a part of Scheif's frustration trying to get the job done without his wingman.

Good time of the year for some rest and relaxation. I hope everyone has a good Holiday, and something to be grateful for. And I hope the Jets come out recharged and rejuvenated, there's still a lot of hockey to play, and the underdogs still have a lot to prove.

JonS

Oct 14, 2021
Seems like they never beat the Capitals (at least my perception). Would have been nice to hold on to the lead last night.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bowness post game presser was basically 'I'm fkn tired so here's every cliche I can think of randomly strewn together'

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Injuries effect team differently, some teams have players they can slot into the lineup and still compete, the Jets resorted to waiver wire pick ups and players from the AHL who would of never been called up otherwise.
No team has good players sitting on the sidelines that they can insert with injuries. The exception being guys NHL ready on ELCs that are playing in the minors. In our case only Heinola really meets this criteria. If teams try to hide good veterans in the minors they get lost to waivers. What top teams have is deeper depth at the NHL level that could move up the lineup as needed. Copp and Statsny played this role for us in the past. Problem is we would have to over pay for these types of players now if they are not already in our system.

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Well that game sucked, but to be honest we played pretty well after going down by two - and that’s something we didn’t see at all in the past few years. Overall the Jets are better this year with way more compete despite a rash of injuries. The schedule hurt us at a time when we are basically playing with a seriously reduced lineup.
I’m pretty impressed with additions like Eyssimont, Stenlund and Menalainen. Jonsson-Fjallby and Gustafsson have also been good. When we start to get players back I hope they stick. Harkins and Barron wouldn’t be missed. That may not be a popular opinion but they lose way too many puck battles imho.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I echo the same sentiment that a lot of posters have already made. It's time for a much needed break for the team and and honestly the fans on this last stretch.

At the end of the day, if somebody would have told me, especially after the quiet summer around town, this team would be heading into Christmas with a record of 21-12-1, I would be over the moon. Can't say I expect many others to disagree with that.

Perspective matters and I look forward to the squad regaining Ehlers, Wheeler, Sak, Appleton, etc. in the New Year and seeing them make a push in the Spring.

A lot of fun hockey ahead in Winnipeg.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, HF.

Cheers!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I echo the same sentiment that a lot of posters have already made. It's time for a much needed break for the team and and honestly the fans on this last stretch.

At the end of the day, if somebody would have told me, especially after the quiet summer around town, this team would be heading into Christmas with a record of 21-12-1, I would be over the moon. Can't say I expect many others to disagree with that.

Perspective matters and I look forward to the squad regaining Ehlers, Wheeler, Sak, Appleton, etc. in the New Year and seeing them make a push in the Spring.

A lot of fun hockey ahead in Winnipeg.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, HF.

Cheers!

They're competitive in the Central, meanwhile Dallas has been pretty healthy all year. 2nd half should be exciting.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They have more man games lost but overall impact is within 10-15% of the Jets injuries apparently (based on Man-Games Lost's points in standings metric).

Similar enough injury impact that I'd just call it a wash and probably not an excuse for either team.
NHL injury viz on twitter does a weekly summary Including cap hit, amount of games lost, lost production etc from injuries. Pretty good content would recommend checking it since it's a bit tough to find summaries like this for me atleast.

They are not doing one this week but are updating the amount of man games lost

Last update as of last weekend
Screenshot_20221224-102151_Twitter.jpg

MGL update:

Reactions: None

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I didn't take much away from this game - just glad it's behind us.
I do feel good about the Bruin game considering what we iced against the top team in the NHL that is healthy.
I'll use the Bruin game as my benchmark and go into 2023 feeling pretty good about the Jets -

One point that I think is important - the org had the opportunity to see our depth in action - we know what we are at this point and trade deadline decisions will be easier knowing that.

And finally, I've almost forgotten what our top 6 should look like but when you think about what Wheels, Cole and Ehlers will bring, we are solid.
Add Apples to the third with Lowry and Barron, you have excellent shut down size and skill
The 4th will be fast, aggressive, and a pain to play against - the hard part will be the selection.

The elephant in the the room is Health - can we catch a break and get at least most of these guys on the ice at the same time?
We're bad ass if we do - looking forward to it.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
One of the few games I missed due to the wife bringing home our stray friend from Ta-ranna.
Cilantro, few beers and a lot of catching up as this was the first visit since the plague hit.

The Jerks will be fine, they need to rest, reset and hopefully get some early healthy returns.
The sky isn't falling, they've done the heavy lifting to set themselves up down the stretch and unless the wheels fall off the bus, we should be fine.

Happy Holidays to all you weirdos!

May your Jule be filled with much eating, drinking and good times with friends and family!

Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad