Post-Game Talk: CAPS 4 jets 1

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
At the Legion... drinking Irish Whiskey...

Couldn't really watch the game...

The Jets had a great run to this point... things look good... much better than last year...

Talk to you after the Christmas break...

I'll pray for you all... especially Sip'...

Love you all... be good...

:thumbu:

tenor.gif
Thanks, but the question is are you drinking Catholic or Protestant Irish Whiskey?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
preying perfetti is a minor ailment.
Yeah hopefully.
If he's back next week, you only have a couple weeks before ehlers, Appleton then wheeler come back. They're still comfortably in a PO spot. These were tough L's but the team has bounced back this year more times than not.

Reactions: gojetsgo

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks, but the question is are you drinking Catholic or Protestant Irish Whiskey?

Jameson's...

My heritage is Protestant from Ireland...

My palette is Catholic apparently...

Though I know the Bushmills vs Jameson's is a tangled web and isn't straight forward...

I just like good Whiskey and Jameson's is a weakness of mine... also...

I'm a Prairie Boy...

I identify as Western Canadian...

Or otherwise Not/Them...

tenor.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This is what happens when you cram so many games in such a small period and have 2 teams play a b2b with travel.

The NHL doesnt have a clue. I've seen better Jr b games
Not just that, a west coast swing followed by an east coast swing, anyone still think the NHL gives two hoots about the Jets!?

1671851942036.jpeg

Jameson's...

My heritage is Protestant from Ireland...

My palette is Catholic apparently...

Though I know the Bushmills vs Jameson's is a tangled web and isn't straight forward...

I just like good Whiskey and Jameson's is a weakness of mine... also...

I'm a Prairie Boy...

I identify as Western Canadian...

Or otherwise Not/Them...

tenor.gif
Good answer!

the Kirkland Irish is pretty good, triple distilled and supposedly from Bushmills!

I kind of like MacGregors Proper 12, a little watery but smooth

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
4 of them don't even have profile pictures :laugh:. They've got 4 regulars out, the Jets have 6. Even if you include Connor Brown for the Caps, it's not close to "way more" as you said.
I'm glad the Caps didn't have Joe Snively Whiplash in their lineup tonight, we would have really gotten railroaded.

• Haha
Reactions: Eyeseeing

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Prediction Contest has now been posted for the game against the Wild with an updated leaderboard...

giphy.gif

Yes indeed, it has happened again x 2! Congratulations to both @Grannyjetfan and @Thechozen1 who are the latest HFJets posters to get the winning team, correct score, and player who scored the game opener for the trifecta and eight points! Way to go! :thumbu:

Don't forget to sign up for a GDT! There are plenty of games still available, including the one against Minnesota...

75cot1.jpg

:laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well I'm not sure how impactful Fehevary is but for the guy to say the Caps have "way more" injuries than the Jets is false.

They have more man games lost but overall impact is within 10-15% of the Jets injuries apparently (based on Man-Games Lost's points in standings metric).

Similar enough injury impact that I'd just call it a wash and probably not an excuse for either team.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Injuries effect team differently, some teams have players they can slot into the lineup and still compete, the Jets resorted to waiver wire pick ups and players from the AHL who would of never been called up otherwise.

Reactions: rkp

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Way too many injuries, bad reffing, and a shitass schedule. Not surprising we’ve fallen off lately. We desperately need our wounded back.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Agreed we need forward help. And many are advocating a trade, so who do people see as options? Teams will want to unload salary on us and steal from our future. So what are Chevy's options?
It’s too early to make a trade unless you are getting someone for nothing. If Hellebuyck goes down or there’s more injuries you wasted a trade. Jets will be fine and they should make the playoffs unless they get more major injuries.

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice to get a break and regroup for the Jets and our board.

All the best kids, Hope everyone spends some time with friends and family if they can.

In my previous life I moved all the time, worked in the industry where we only took Christmas Day off. I never lived close to family so I improvised and the entire holiday season boiled down to one day with coworkers and Christmas dinner and I always thought it was fun.

Hope you folks find piece and a little bit of happiness if you can.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice to get a break and regroup for the Jets and our board.

All the best kids, Hope everyone spends some time with friends and family if they can.

In my previous life I moved all the time, worked in the industry where we only took Christmas Day off. I never lived close to family so I improvised and the entire holiday season boiled down to one day with coworkers and Christmas dinner and I always thought it was fun.

Hope you folks find piece and a little bit of happiness if you can.

Word... !!!

:thumbu:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
The dick measuring contest of who is more injured is hilarious as if that's a great thing for your team.
I think it's safe to say that Blake Wheeler is the most injured. I just hope he has the testicular fortitude to come back and play balls to the wall like was before his injury.

Reactions: Stumbledore

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Remember everyone. You can expect 10% of the games to be terrible in any given year. Jets have a winning record still. Ovechkin still looks like a pug dog with a drinking problem. Good player though.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I know it's a sensitive topic in a market with a strong Ukrainian community but any politics posts will end up with warnings and/or thread bans. This is not the place.

If you can't talk about Ovechkin without resorting to discussing the invasion then just don't post about him.
Or don’t post about him anyways… go to the Capital forum if you feel compelled to mention that name. This is the Jets forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad