Post-Game Talk: CAPS 4 jets 1

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I do miss Laine. He would instantly make our Jets score a whole lot more.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I do miss Laine. He would instantly make our Jets score a whole lot more.
our scoring was more then fine even with some injuries until we hit this recent break

Agreed we need forward help. And many are advocating a trade, so who do people see as options? Teams will want to unload salary on us and steal from our future. So what are Chevy's options?
I always thought garland would be a good option since we could fit him in without having to move any salary out plus he has a bit of term to fit our core, next year a d would need to be moved if pld is willing to stay though

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
our scoring was more then fine even with some injuries until we hit this recent break

I always thought garland would be a good option since we could fit him in without having to move any salary out plus he has a bit of term to fit our core, next year a d would need to be moved if pld is willing to stay though
So what is your estimate on the cost to acquire Garland?

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Team looks spent, injuries have taken it's toll. Jets need some time off and a reset when players start coming back where we are in the standings when that happens is any ones guess.
I get it every time we lose we blame injuries. But not this time. The capitals have just as many injuries as we do. A load of key people out.

I don't think that Chevy will do anything because simply put what teams would want the Jets won't part with atm, maybe a deadline deal if the Jets are inclined but atm nothing will happen.
that’s why the GM has a hard job. We’re sitting at the top of the division, thinking we can hold on by that’s the losses keep piling up after Christmas we could be outside the line. You would have to think that Chevy knows this is a very important year to make the playoffs

Reactions: Teemusalami204

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
At the Legion... drinking Irish Whiskey...

Couldn't really watch the game...

The Jets had a great run to this point... things look good... much better than last year...

Talk to you after the Christmas break...

I'll pray for you all... especially Sip'...

Love you all... be good...

:thumbu:

tenor.gif

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Look at the injury list on TSN website. They have more.
wilson, backstrom, brown, hagelin, oshie + fehervary and beck
vs
ehlers, wheeler, perfetti, schmidt, appleton, menalainen, stanley + you could count a 4.5ish player with the capspace we didn't use to start the year

Reactions: Adam da bomb

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
At the Legion... drinking Irish Whiskey...

Couldn't really watch the game...

The Jets had a great run to this point... things look good... much better than last year...

Talk to you after the Christmas break...

I'll pray for you all... especially Sip'...

Love you all... be good...

:thumbu:

tenor.gif
Irish Whiskey and a tank out front, could be some trouble in Chuck Wood tonight

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
So what is your estimate on the cost to acquire Garland?
no clue, but it seems like the canucks want to make a move of their core in order to free up capspace so potentially not as much if they don't have to take any salary back

I get it every time we lose we blame injuries. But not this time. The capitals have just as many injuries as we do. A load of key people out.
did the caps just spend the last 7 days playing 5 games on a trip that started on the west coast and ended in the east?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Best bet to acquire someone cheap before the TDL is Bedard dazzling a GM in the first couple Canada games at the WJC that makes them go all in on the tank :laugh:

I wouldn't mind a trade similar in value to something like the Frolik trade back in 2013, that was a 3rd and 5th? Probably don't get a player anywhere near Frolik's value was at the time but a good 3rd liner shouldn't be unreasonable :dunno:

Reactions: snowkiddin

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
4 of them don't even have profile pictures :laugh:. They've got 4 regulars out, the Jets have 6. Even if you include Connor Brown for the Caps, it's not close to "way more" as you said. Connor Brown, Hagelin, Wilson,
It's six. Backstrom, Wilson, Oshie, Fehervary, Brown, Hagelin, all regulars.
Let’s just stop using excuses we know that we are shorthanded but , it doesn’t really apply tonight. Caps are just as hurt as we are and they’ve won 6 out of secven or something like that. bottom line is it is not gonna be a very good next 30 days for this team. We are dressing nine or 10 players that make under $1 million not expecting too much.

Reactions: rkp

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
no clue, but it seems like the canucks want to make a move of their core in order to free up capspace so potentially not as much if they don't have to take any salary back

did the caps just spend the last 7 days playing 5 games on a trip that started on the west coast and ended in the east?
I get it you’re one of those people that love using excuses.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Trade freeze is till the 29th right? Assuming perfetti is a minor ailment.
Ehlers should be roughly 2-3 weeks weeks. Appleton too?

I am leaning towards Chevy doing nothing
preying perfetti is a minor ailment.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If healthy Garland is a 50-60 point winger. Nice addition. If no salary back likely a top prospect and a pick. How good of a prospect and how high of a pick would be the question.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It’s not that we are not good enough to make the playoffs .

It’s if we will even be in reach of them by the time everyone gets back from injury and get their feet back.

We are a 4 game losing streak away from being a wild card team.

Bones and his coaches as well as the players deserve help. The math is easy to do and chevy knows how much he will have at the deadline. I hope he tries and gets a deal done early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad