Confirmed with Link: Capitals to VA is dead. DC decides to pay $515 million dollars to upgrade capital one

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
Ted’s going to burn it all down…
Elmo-Flames-Meme.jpg

IT BEGINS!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So Virginia isn't putting it in their budget and DC says they're locked in for another 20 years?

This is dead, right?
From my understanding Monumental was confident that legally they could get out of the lease. I don't think they go that far with the whole PY deal if it was on shaky ground. Again this feels overly aggressive on the DC side.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Also Youngkin can start a special session to bring it up again. It just depends is if there will be some real attempts and negotiating with the VA state dems.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
So Virginia isn't putting it in their budget and DC says they're locked in for another 20 years?

This is dead, right?

Not sure you can trust DC Government lawyers on something like that. Billionaires tend to have good lawyers. Not always (lol) but I bet Ted does.

Tactically, I don't think it's a good look for the city to play the "force" card. If anything, that would increase the likelihood of Ted digging in against them as opposed to coming back to the table.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Sheehan had his lawyer buddy on a few weeks back talking about this. Basically he said the 40 more years is based on the caps not paying off the loan yet. Ted planned on paying it off to nullify the remaining years. The city would have to play the “we don’t accept this payment” card. Something he said would most likely not go far.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Going to be interesting to see what the details are. I don’t see the city giving out money to MSE, Commanders, and the Nats so there is a chance that the Commanders will probably be the odd man out

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So, Capital One was constructed for 260 million dollars back in 91. Off an inflation calculator that's about 506 million in today money. So all in all that seems like a sizeable investment.

Flipside though, I really wonder how much they can really upgrade at the stadium? I mean, modernize some stuff sure but I feel like the bigger issues are the surrounding areas.

Sep 19, 2008
DC was the best location and glad to see they'll stay. But we won't forget Ted. The fans remember.

Tried to jilt a perfectly good location for VA, had a whole big shebang and presser about it, acting like it was a done deal. And why? All for your larger pockets. I've met Ted a few times and before that (even with Ernie) "I was fine with him. That has changed. Guy ain't going to be idolized in this town no more lol

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
DC was the best location and glad to see they'll stay. But we won't forget Ted. The fans remember.

Tried to jilt a perfectly good location for VA, had a whole big shebang and presser about it, acting like it was a done deal. And why? All for your larger pockets. I've met Ted a few times and before that (even with Ernie) "I was fine with him. That has changed. Guy ain't going to be idolized in this town no more lol

dude what? the fans will forget next week haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad