OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ok so I finished Invasion season 1……thought it was good….Then I started Foundation……and I’m kinda blown away at how cool IT is….

Both worth checking out if you love syfy.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Swedish film Border.

Very unique but not something you can unwatch. I would recommend only for people who love indie and foreign films.

lobster — great foreign film I highly recommend if you haven’t seen it. See it tonight with your lady

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Ok so I finished Invasion season 1……thought it was good….Then I started Foundation……and I’m kinda blown away at how cool IT is….

Both worth checking out if you love syfy.

I loved the FX for Foundation. Enjoyed Invasion even if really dragged at points but it ended well. Hope there is a second season as it seemed like that would have a lot more going on.

Picked up the new Dune 4k bluray disc will provide a review for those that are still fans of true 4k and hidef audio.

Last edited:

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
1641914178283264819.jpg

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I loved the FX for Foundation. Enjoyed Invasion even if really dragged at points but it ended well. Hope there is a second season as it seemed like that would have a lot more going on.

Picked up the new Dune 4k bluray disc will provide a review for those that are still fans of true 4k and hidef audio.

both have been renewed for season 2.

Foundation reminds me of what Jupiter Ascending could have been….if Magic Mike wasn’t your main hero lol…..the FX are amazing.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
"The Batman" or "Batman 4" or whatever you want to call it, has a running time of 2 hours and 55 minutes!
What? Did these guys learn nothing from the Last Jedi? Now officially a pass for me.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Finally watched the Eternals. If this was a film not in the Marvel Universe I would say pretty decent good backstory all the characters fleshed out. Maybe coming from the last Avengers moving the eternals general power levels seems pretty wimpy other than Ikirus.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Finally watched the Eternals. If this was a film not in the Marvel Universe I would say pretty decent good backstory all the characters fleshed out. Maybe coming from the last Avengers moving the eternals general power levels seems pretty wimpy other than Ikirus.
I thought they really did a good job visually of giving big things weight. Most of the powers seemed to physically have substance (I was especially into Thena's) and the stuff they did on the big cosmic level seemed so tangible and significant. The Celestials had such a great visual scale and impact, I don't really know how to describe it but it was pretty great. The landscapes were gorgeous and gave a ton of visual texture, it's such an eye candy movie.

I had a hard time with the pacing but there are a lot of characters to give backstory to, no real way around that. Could stand to watch it again but I thought it was so visually pleasant

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I thought they really did a good job visually of giving big things weight. Most of the powers seemed to physically have substance (I was especially into Thena's) and the stuff they did on the big cosmic level seemed so tangible and significant. The Celestials had such a great visual scale and impact, I don't really know how to describe it but it was pretty great. The landscapes were gorgeous and gave a ton of visual texture, it's such an eye candy movie.

I had a hard time with the pacing but there are a lot of characters to give backstory to, no real way around that. Could stand to watch it again but I thought it was so visually pleasant

I actually don't disagree with about all that to some level. I guess we'll see how the eternals will be used mixed in with MCU now that the origin story entry is done. Kit Harrington's character was good in his limited scenes I know he's another super hero that I'm blanking on at the moment.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Bulgasal Immortal Souls is pretty decent (Netflix). Lot of backstory that seems slow but it pays off once things shift to present day. Dig the idea of the supernatural monsters of history (korean that is) reincarnated as humans in the present pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad