Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Anyone enjoying Book of Boba Fett so far? I see a few critics trashing it, but as a Star Wars nerd I'm enjoying it. Especially how it weaves canon in and out with changes to it that are solid. Still stoked for Mando Season 3, but TBoBF is keeping me piqued until then.

I was bummed about the Tuskens all getting it after they were shown to be less vile than in the original movies. I liked how JF is willing to change up some expectations for a better overall story.

The Mando theme music tease after Fennec says "Money can buy muscle if we know where to look" was awesome. If nothing else, JF knows how to build excitement for the next ep, given his understanding of his audience.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don't think I finished the 2nd season of boba fett yet.

I"d like to get back to ozark. got stalled early into s2 feel like starting completely over.

Finished the expanse finally. There has got to be a spin off in the works.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone enjoying Book of Boba Fett so far? I see a few critics trashing it, but as a Star Wars nerd I'm enjoying it. Especially how it weaves canon in and out with changes to it that are solid. Still stoked for Mando Season 3, but TBoBF is keeping me piqued until then.

I was bummed about the Tuskens all getting it after they were shown to be less vile than in the original movies. I liked how JF is willing to change up some expectations for a better overall story.

The Mando theme music tease after Fennec says "Money can buy muscle if we know where to look" was awesome. If nothing else, JF knows how to build excitement for the next ep, given his understanding of his audience.

I like it, but I'm also far from an unbiased source when it comes to Star Wars stuff that feels like original trilogy.

I will say that the "modders" feel like they're from a different universe/show than the rest of Tatooine tho.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just finished the first season of Euphoria. Everyone kept raving about it so I decided to binge it. I don’t really know how to describe it other than interesting? The first few episodes were pretty crazy but it settled down and got better as the season went on.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just finished the first season of Euphoria. Everyone kept raving about it so I decided to binge it. I don’t really know how to describe it other than interesting? The first few episodes were pretty crazy but it settled down and got better as the season went on.

I felt about the same in the end. It did get a lot of media attention for sure. Happened to catch Hunter Schafer interview in one of the late night shows around premier week for S2 decent interview. From an acting perspective was most impressed with her performance.

In From the Cold slightly clunky but a bit entertaining. Feria: The Darkest Light also on Netflix sucked me last night for the first 5 episodes.

Julian Fellow's The Gilded Age on HBO Max also decent 1st episode. Carry Coon's character is a bit over the top.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Looks expensive, yet cheap at the same time. 1) Like how the guy has an AK at the start of the trailer. 2) Another desert world. 3) Uh, Cortana?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Killing of a Sacred Deer -- indie movie from studio A24, who I really like. Really good thriller kinda movie. If youre a cinema junkie youd like it.

Peacemaker - digging it, like to watch it towards the end of the night when Im really baked, I laugh my ass off

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
"The Book of Boba Fett" (title sounds so stupid) is flopping, according to the reviews I've read. Star Wars is overextending itself too quickly. They should have contented themselves with the success of the Mandalorian and focused on that series, instead of making the lame Boba Fett series and what is sure to be the lame Obi-Wan series.

But thats modern day Star Wars for you. 10 misses for every one or two hits.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
"The Book of Boba Fett" (title sounds so stupid) is flopping, according to the reviews I've read. Star Wars is overextending itself too quickly. They should have contented themselves with the success of the Mandalorian and focused on that series, instead of making the lame Boba Fett series and what is sure to be the lame Obi-Wan series.

Then this is a case where you should watch instead of reading the reviews. The series started off super slow but has quickly picked up steam the past few episodes. The episodes were some of the best live action Star Wars in a long time

Reactions: kicksavedave

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I don't think I finished the 2nd season of boba fett yet.

I"d like to get back to ozark. got stalled early into s2 feel like starting completely over.

Finished the expanse finally. There has got to be a spin off in the works.

Ozark is one of my top shows. The writing, pacing, and acting is top notch

Sep 19, 2008
Not sure where else to put this but John Walton is doing the Canada - Switzerland game right now on USA network (Olympic women's hockey)

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Murderville on Netflix is hilarious.

Guest celebrities doing improvised murder investigations alongside regular homicide detective Will Arnett. Conan O'Brian first, Marshawn Lynch second.

They break character and laugh at each other occasionally...

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Then this is a case where you should watch instead of reading the reviews. The series started off super slow but has quickly picked up steam the past few episodes. The episodes were some of the best live action Star Wars in a long time

Yeah this,^ its thoroughly entertaining for any Star Wars fan. Not without flaws of course, which the critics obsess over, but it expands on the canon and universe in really good ways.

One review I read nails it pretty well - it's less about "Boba Fett and more about just expanding the whole story of Star Wars between ROTJ and TFA"

...were not about Boba Fett at all and almost entirely Mando, except the awesome addition of Cad Bane.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
One review I read nails it pretty well - it's less about "Boba Fett and more about just expanding the whole story of Star Wars between ROTJ and TFA"

This is exactly how I've been interpreting it. Was watching last week thinking "wow, how amazing is it to have basically several really well-made Star Wars movies every year that tie up the shit from Jedi".

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This is exactly how I've been interpreting it. Was watching last week thinking "wow, how amazing is it to have basically several really well-made Star Wars movies every year that tie up the shit from Jedi".

Yep... the finale yesterday was a fun ride. Tied things up nicely heading into S3 of Mando. I enjoyed TBBF a lot, even though it wasn't perfect.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
New Reacher series was strangely entertaining….one episode I dozed a little, otherwise entertaining.

watching the big guy act was like when I realized Magic Mike could act a little….surprised me a little.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
BOBF started off slow for me, but definitely picked up the pace once mando returned. I could have done without the overly extended plotline between him and the tusken raiders that just seemed to drag on forever though

Favreau and filoni doing their best to dig the star wars reputation out from under the mud that the sequel trilogy left it in

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I have mixed feelings about a lot of things in TBOBF, but most of it shouldn't be show ruining to an average viewer. I'd say it was about on par with Solo.
Favreau and filoni doing their best to dig the star wars reputation out from under the mud that the sequel trilogy left it in
It's been in that mud since the prequels (which I still think are worse than the sequels, and that's not intended as a compliment to the sequels). Filoni did a lot to make people forget how bad the prequel era was, as well.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I have mixed feelings about a lot of things in TBOBF, but most of it shouldn't be show ruining to an average viewer. I'd say it was about on par with Solo.

It's been in that mud since the prequels (which I still think are worse than the sequels, and that's not intended as a compliment to the sequels). Filoni did a lot to make people forget how bad the prequel era was, as well.
Yuck. Is that part intended as a compliment because that movie was… not a favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad