OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
WOT episode 6……

Liked the “relationship twist”………in the White Tower….

They were very close friends in the books I didn't see this as a stretch or something that altered their character and story arcs. In some ways magnified having to send someone away on open ended missions that means years away.

Not sure about the Mat twist at the end of the episode that screws with a bunch of stuff with Padan Fain and the party splitting up to deal with that. One gripe why is this not in 4k like the other amazon shows as the UHD HD quality is terrible.

First eps of The Expanse last seasonn=good.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The Power of the Dog on Netflix, got some great reviews and I loved where the movie was shot from an aesthetic point but overall thought it was pretty boring. Maybe I’m still too young but can’t really get behind these artsy slow burning movies. Good acting tho

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Since the Caps now play every 3 days, I binged watched the documentary series "Most Dangerous Ways To School" on Youtube and it really did something to me. :(

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If anyone liked Squid Game and is in the mood for more K-Drama, watch Hellbound on Netflix. It's only six episodes, and they are WILD. You could say this show... doesn't pull any punches.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The Power of the Dog on Netflix, got some great reviews and I loved where the movie was shot from an aesthetic point but overall thought it was pretty boring. Maybe I’m still too young but can’t really get behind these artsy slow burning movies. Good acting tho

I watched it on Sunday and I thought it was enjoyable.

I didnt know where the movie was going but half way through I was like okay I see where it's headed. And then bam, the ending, didn't see that coming at all.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
They were very close friends in the books I didn't see this as a stretch or something that altered their character and story arcs. In some ways magnified having to send someone away on open ended missions that means years away.

Not sure about the Mat twist at the end of the episode that screws with a bunch of stuff with Padan Fain and the party splitting up to deal with that. One gripe why is this not in 4k like the other amazon shows as the UHD HD quality is terrible.

First eps of The Expanse last seasonn=good.
Agree on all counts. Will be sad to see Expanse go.

Sep 19, 2008
Spider man is good.

Also saw American Underdog last night in an advance screening. It's a solid movie but is heavy on the role religion played in Kurt's life.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Binged Yellowstone….wow….fantastic show.

Witcher season 2….thoughts? I’m 3 episodes in….not great IMO, but it’s content I’m happy to watch.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Binged Yellowstone….wow….fantastic show.

Witcher season 2….thoughts? I’m 3 episodes in….not great IMO, but it’s content I’m happy to watch.

Still behind on Yellowstone via bluray but yeah its solid.

No problems with the new Witcher though something seem weird with Cirri's look that was bugging me the first episode and just saw that they stopped dyeing her eyebrows.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Just started watching Succession. Finished S1 yesterday. OMG this might be one of the funniest shows I've watched in recent years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Still behind on Yellowstone via bluray but yeah its solid.

No problems with the new Witcher though something seem weird with Cirri's look that was bugging me the first episode and just saw that they stopped dyeing her eyebrows.

good catch, just checked, you’re right!

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
sucks is overly strong…I’m waiting on Beth and Kayce to bail it out…

And for some reason, I like the simplicity of Jimmy.
Sorry, came on a bit strong. I loved the show at first but it’s lost me a bit this season. Seemingly nothing has happened over 8 episodes, getting kind of repetitive. The ending of last season left me wanting more and now he knows who did it and isn’t really pursuing it? Like I really don’t know what I’m supposed to be excited for or waiting to see what happens now lol - maybe I just need to shut my brain off and watch

Last edited:

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
I just watched the first two episodes of 1883. It’s the prequel to Yellowstone following the Dutton family on there journey. Really liked it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry, came on a bit strong. I loved the show at first but it’s lost me a bit this season. Seemingly nothing has happened over 8 episodes, getting kind of repetitive. The ending of last season left me wanting more and now he knows who did it and isn’t really pursuing it? Like I really don’t know what I’m supposed to be excited for or waiting to see what happens now lol - maybe I just need to shut my brain off and watch

interesting perspective….I’ve binged it all, so I haven’t really felt the letdown…

favorite character for me….Rip.

Witcher Season 2 done…..solid ending. Also a trailer for Witcher Blood Origins in the credits…….looks good.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Haha… i have been binging Yellowstone for last three weeks. I’m not a western guy but several groups of friends begging me to watch it because so much about business in a western setting. Has been awesome! Will have to check out 1883 after we get through this.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I just rewatched Witcher S1 and now I'm halfway through S2 and it's like, they took this show that was a (mostly) excellent combination of bleak/dour worldbuilding + fun monster fights and surprisingly great humor (all at a very quick episode-by-episode pace) in S1 and decided to turn it into a plodding character-based drama where very little actually happens in each episode except a lot of overly serious (but also boring) conversations.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just rewatched Witcher S1 and now I'm halfway through S2 and it's like, they took this show that was a (mostly) excellent combination of bleak/dour worldbuilding + fun monster fights and surprisingly great humor (all at a very quick episode-by-episode pace) in S1 and decided to turn it into a plodding character-based drama where very little actually happens in each episode except a lot of overly serious (but also boring) conversations.

it’s not perfect….no doubt. But I love the genre…

Cavill seems to overact at times…

Most fights scenes are pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad