Salary Cap: Cap Crunch Part 5: The Daley Show with Stan Bowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not a surprise, and probably for the best for the next few years. I was probably one of Oduyas biggest supporters, but he was pretty bad all season long, although he showed up pretty big in the playoffs. Which is more likely, we get the bad Oduya next year after he is a year older, or we get the Oduya we saw in the playoffs again?

I'm sure there will be those that ***** about this, and those are probably the same people who wanted Oduya gone for anything during the year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If they were to sign Kruger to a one year deal, would they have to wait until free agency to resign him? Can't imagine they would let the Hawks just extend him after signing him to a one year deal.

Why would they do that in the first place?

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Sad to see so many dominoes fall but I choose to remain positive.

I'm fully confident that Daley can replace him and bring more offense.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good luck on your future endeavors, Oduya. You and your epic playoff beard will be missed.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Hope we have someone else lined up, because this defense as constructed won't work.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
re Anisamov who apparently isn't a second line center: At 1.89 points per 60 minutes at five-on-five, the 6-4 center has produced at a similar rate since 2012-13 as Vancouver star Daniel Sedin, San Jose stud Joe Pavelski (1.88) and two-way Los Angeles center Anze Kopitar (1.93).

His total points are dragged down by a lack of power-play opportunity. Anisimov has scored only 12 power-play goals in 412 games. That will certainly change if he receives time in front of the net on Chicago's top PP unit.

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
I still remember when he was acquired. Boy people were pissed on here. What was it 2 second round picks?

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
So, oduya, vermette, richards, kimmo, saad, sharp, raanta, rosival maybe, cumiskey maybe, carcillo maybe, nordstrom maybe, kruger maybe

Johns and paliotta are the rockford kids to go.

Am I forgetting anyone else who is gone from last year?

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
When will people learn to have faith in the front office that has won 3 Cups in 6 years? I also love the Bowman scapegoating that goes on too. He alone is not making decisions, it is an entire office of talent evaluators. This talent evaluation group has won 3 Cups in 6 years and people doubt them still.

Cracks me up.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
When will people learn to have faith in the front office that has won 3 Cups in 6 years? I also love the Bowman scapegoating that goes on too. He alone is not making decisions, it is an entire office of talent evaluators. This talent evaluation group has won 3 Cups in 6 years and people doubt them still.

Cracks me up.

People don't have to agree with every move.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I still remember when he was acquired. Boy people were pissed on here. What was it 2 second round picks?

Amazing the franchise survived, especially after the extension.
2 coaches in NJ, 2 coaches in ATL, and a coach in WPG all thought enough of him to consistently give him 20+ minutes a night but many thought the trade was a disaster. I didn't think it was going to work out as well as it did, but it was a very solid value for the trade at the time. That trade and the Crawford postseason was why I upgraded from lurker.

Quincey got a 1st the year before.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I'm sure the arm chair GMs here have a better understanding of what is going on in the trade market / player's values around the league.

I'm sure everyone involved with the Blackhawks has never made a mistake.

If you want to hold your present attitude I must ask why you post at all? It sure would get tiresome just agreeing with everything the team does. At least it would be for me.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

If you want to hold your present attitude I must ask why you post at all? It sure would get tiresome just agreeing with everything the team does. At least it would be for me.

At least my attitude isn't this...

"****, I need a damn break. What the ****?"

"I'm furious"

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007

I have this on my wall at home to remind me that Stan is infallible.

PopeBowmanus_zps115c90c3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia