Salary Cap: Cap Crunch Part 5: The Daley Show with Stan Bowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Actually we could, don't have to be cap compliant for a few months.

I know that but we won't go over again or we lose what ever leverage we have with dumping someone.

Now we would not HAVE to trade you versteeg. IF we did sign him, which you are right we COULD, it would be STUPID. Because YOU, signing 16 now, just changed the dynamic from...

We might trade you versteeg, what will you give us to take him to...please please take him and take this prospect so we are cap compliant.

Which one do you like better? So no, we can't sign him for whatever he wants anyway. What this is is trying to get an agreement settled so the hawks can manage going forward with what they do. They need to agree among themselves. IF they hawks like it, they move versteeg and then do the deal officially that they agreed to already. THey can't trade versteeg and then go ok kruger what do you want.

So we are back to no we can't sign him right now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I know that but we won't go over again or we lose what ever leverage we have with dumping someone.

Now we would not HAVE to trade you versteeg. IF we did sign him, which you are right we COULD, it would be STUPID. Because YOU, signing 16 now, just changed the dynamic from...

We might trade you versteeg, what will you give us to take him to...please please take him and take this prospect so we are cap compliant.

Which one do you like better? So no, we can't sign him for whatever he wants anyway. What this is is trying to get an agreement settled so the hawks can manage going forward with what they do. They need to agree among themselves. IF they hawks like it, they move versteeg and then do the deal officially that they agreed to already. THey can't trade versteeg and then go ok kruger what do you want.

So we are back to no we can't sign him right now.

They're over the cap right now. They can get up to around 78m in cap until October.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I would rather not have 2 inexperienced kids playing together on line in top 9

I just don't consider TT and Dano to be all that inexperienced anymore. The only bad game I saw from TT was game 6 against Tampa, which I'd assume was nerves kicking in.

While Dano looks up to Hossa and would do well playing with him.

Also, Versteeg has been at his best when he's been partnered with his drinking buddy.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Using age as a deterrent is really dumb. It's all about hockey sense and ability. TT plays way beyond his years.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
It continues to entertain the living **** out of me that you or anyone actually feel like you know ANYTHING that's going on behind closed doors. But please, by all means, keep it up. Your baseless assumptions are great theater, especially where Oduya's concerned. A grown ass man who's very, very cognizant of his situation as an unrestricted free agent but is making a conscious choice to wait and see what happens on his own accord. Damn those Blackhawks for keeping him captive in their sound-proof panic room with no choice but to sit there and take what they may or may not give him. Screw fired, the entire front office oughta be in prison.

Blue I love ya and you post good stuff, but this is terrible. Sure JO knows what Stan and Co are telling him and he doesn't have to be jerking around if he didn't want to be. I hear you.

But, they just took Daly over him. Now Oduya might have said I will come back for 4.5 and we wanted him back until we heard that. And now JO is just working on dealing with someone else. If that is the case, Bowman can say JO is not coming back, versus the nothing answer.

But for you to say JO and his people don't know what is going on and are in some sound proof room is stupid. Sorry.

I get we don't know much, but we do know these 2 guys waited on the hawks and the Hawks, for now, went somewhere else.

Does this mean the guy with 100K posts is right if they don't come back and you are right if they trade bicks and versteeg and both come back. Yes if they dump both and 16 and JO hang on, then you were right. But I don't think you will be right.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

What a terrible position to put Kruger in ,, He deserves better then the treatment he has gotten this summer

Just like Oduya

They are not similar at all.
Oduya can do whatever he wants.
Kruger is a RFA and Chicago did not elect club arbitration either.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
They're over the cap right now. They can get up to around 78m in cap until October.

They are not over the cap right now.

They could start the year with 13F 6D and 2G at 70.4 I think it is. So no, we are not over. Of course that means no morin or tropp but yeah we don't have to do anything dependent on another team to become compliant at season start. We are there, so I disagree with you when you say we are over the cap and need help. We do not.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Chicago decided to stop negotiating for now, it's likely to work on moving other salary out and coming back to it after that has been resolved.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They are not over the cap right now.

They could start the year with 13F 6D and 2G at 70.4 I think it is. So no, we are not over. Of course that means no morin or tropp but yeah we don't have to do anything dependent on another team to become compliant at season start. We are there, so I disagree with you when you say we are over the cap and need help. We do not.

Unless that 13F can play D, then they need to move out salary. I guess we could put Rundblad at winger like Fiddy suggested during the playoffs :sarcasm:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Blue I love ya and you post good stuff, but this is terrible. Sure JO knows what Stan and Co are telling him and he doesn't have to be jerking around if he didn't want to be. I hear you.

But, they just took Daly over him. Now Oduya might have said I will come back for 4.5 and we wanted him back until we heard that. And now JO is just working on dealing with someone else. If that is the case, Bowman can say JO is not coming back, versus the nothing answer.

But for you to say JO and his people don't know what is going on and are in some sound proof room is stupid. Sorry.

I get we don't know much, but we do know these 2 guys waited on the hawks and the Hawks, for now, went somewhere else.

Does this mean the guy with 100K posts is right if they don't come back and you are right if they trade bicks and versteeg and both come back. Yes if they dump both and 16 and JO hang on, then you were right. But I don't think you will be right.

That's not what I meant by that. I was intentionally being over the top in saying that, sarcastically, Oduya and his camp are being held against their will from signing with other teams. My entire point is that I'm willing to bet they are 100% in the know every step of thway, hence they're waiting it out to see what happens. The point is, Oduya really isn't getting treated badly or being dicked over, he's 100% in control of his own situation and is making a conscious choice to wait it out. No one is forcing him to do that.

As for everything else, I get that it's a message board and the point is to have stuff to talk about, I just start to get really irritated when things that no one here knows anything about are getting thrown around as if they are facts. Usually good at just ignoring stuff but after a while it's like..really?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As for everything else, I get that it's a message board and the point is to have stuff to talk about, I just start to get really irritated when things that no one here knows anything about are getting thrown around as if they are facts. Usually good at just ignoring stuff but after a while it's like..really?

Curious do you take similar stance when it comes to Q and his handling of players?

I mean you don't know why guys like Vermette or TT sit and all the facts of those situations

But I am sure you don't give Q the same "We don't know the full story" benefit of doubt and instead blast him for his moves

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
That's not what I meant by that. I was intentionally being over the top in saying that, sarcastically, Oduya and his camp are being held against their will from signing with other teams. My entire point is that I'm willing to bet they are 100% in the know every step of thway, hence they're waiting it out to see what happens. The point is, Oduya really isn't getting treated badly or being dicked over, he's 100% in control of his own situation and is making a conscious choice to wait it out. No one is forcing him to do that.

Ok, I hear ya on JO situation. And I agree, he is waiting. If it's innocent great, if he was lead on, well that will come out, maybe.

OK good stuff, I missed your over the topness. I figured I missed something, since it struck me the wrong way, and I am like this guy is good.

I do think Versteeg goes and we get 16 signed. Bicks will be tough.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Curious do you take similar stance when it comes to Q and his handling of players?

I mean you don't know why guys like Vermette or TT sit and all the facts of those situations

But I am sure you don't give Q the same "We don't know the full story" benefit of doubt and instead blast him for his moves

I can't speak directly for Blue, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't blast anyone. He's the most objective person on this board.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

For starters, I pretty much always qualify things by saying "unless there's something going on we don't know about" at some point when it comes to something like that. Quite frankly, I think most people know me enough at this point to know I'm speaking pretty objectively. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit. And even then, you're talking about two different things. You can question what Bowman is doing all you want. Questioning things and claiming things as fact that cannot in fact be confirmed are two completely different things, especially when it's going in line with trying to keep up an agenda.

And what does Q have to do with anything? I criticize all parties equally when I see something questionable in my mind and see fit to actually say something about it. Quenneville should be this team's coach and Bowman should be this team's GM. Both makes mistakes and aren't perfect, but I call for neither's head. Period. You bringing him into it is just trying further cause conflict and muddle the topic. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

I'll also let it slide with people who are just emotional and reacting immediately to something. It's in the moment, it happens. We've all been there. This isn't a case of that. At all. It's an ongoing, incredibly annoying agenda that I generally pay no attention to but got caught up in this time around. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Ok, I hear ya on JO situation. And I agree, he is waiting. If it's innocent great, if he was lead on, well that will come out, maybe.

OK good stuff, I missed your over the topness. I figured I missed something, since it struck me the wrong way, and I am like this guy is good.

I do think Versteeg goes and we get 16 signed. Bicks will be tough.

If it comes out that he was completely deceived in some way, blast away. That will be worthy of it. Similarly in another thread I spoke to my dislike of some of the prospects' treatment and dealings. I didn't full blast, because, again, I don't know what they were or weren't told, but I gave my opinion on the surface based on what the perception is that it creates. There are ways to discuss things without claiming things as fact that we simply do not know to be fact or not.

Apologies for any misunderstood stuff, things don't always come across via text.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

You can't possibly be missing the irony in your own post. Right?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe I am the only one here but if we get Kruger signed and IF Daley turns out along with Dano I think we will be a better team.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Dano-TT-Kane
Tikhonov-AA-? Versteeg/Hartman/McNeil/Danault/Baun/Bickell (toast most likely)
Deji-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Daley
TVR-?
Rundblad

Last edited:

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Maybe I am the only one here but if we get Kruger signed and IF Daley turns out along with Dano I think we will be a better team.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Dano-TT-Kane
?-AA-? Versteeg/Hartman/McNeil/Danault/Baun
Deji-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Daley
TVR-?
Rundblad

I almost thought you forgot Anisimov. Totally missed the AA.:laugh:

If we roll with Toews, TT, AA, and Kruger we will definitely be stronger down the middle. The wingers will be more dynamic, but it's hard to say how quickly they will gel and how effective they will be defensively. Losing Johns REALLY hurts, I think Stan really ****ed up on that one, but if TVR can stay healthy he is VERY good. If we can sign Kruger to a cap friendly LTD then I will be very happy. He is one of the best in the league at what he does.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I almost thought you forgot Anisimov. Totally missed the AA.:laugh:

If we roll with Toews, TT, AA, and Kruger we will definitely be stronger down the middle. The wingers will be more dynamic, but it's hard to say how quickly they will gel and how effective they will be defensively. Losing Johns REALLY hurts, I think Stan really ****ed up on that one, but if TVR can stay healthy he is VERY good. If we can sign Kruger to a cap friendly LTD then I will be very happy. He is one of the best in the league at what he does.

I really only think that our 3rd line has major question marks. McNeil/Danault/Baun could all be used to make a good 3rd line. People don't want to hear this but Bickell could be useful on the 3rd line if he comes back motivated.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

The irony in this post is so thick I could cut it with a knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad