Salary Cap: Cap Crunch Part 5: The Daley Show with Stan Bowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Maybe I am the only one here but if we get Kruger signed and IF Daley turns out along with Dano I think we will be a better team.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Dano-TT-Kane
?-AA-? Versteeg/Hartman/McNeil/Danault/Baun
Deji-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Daley
TVR-?
Rundblad

You guys forgot about Tikhonov

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Something that just came to mind. Q always likes to use a forward on the back end of the PK. Always used Sharp, and last year used Richards as well. With them both gone I wonder if he goes to 2 defensmen or tries a different forward at point.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Something that just came to mind. Q always likes to use a forward on the back end of the PK. Always used Sharp, and last year used Richards as well. With them both gone I wonder if he goes to 2 defensmen or tries a different forward at point.

Bickell, he will start using the wrist shot and pot in 30 goals next year.... lol

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Shaw-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Keith

Dano-AA-Hossa
Seabrook-Daley

Could not have Daley in there. Put Hossa at the point and put TT on the half wall.

Dano-AA-TT
Seabrook-Hossa

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Teuvo's going to play on the PP

I just addressed that, haha. And I think Panarin is a perfect fit to play the left point as a great one-time option from the circle. Appears he can really rip it from some of the highlights I've seen. Pure speculation though.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd rather us drop one of Shaw, AA, Hossa, Dano or Keith from the PP then drop one of Daley or TT.

Both have excellent offensive instincts, a good shot, and good speed (a necessity when carrying the puck over the blue line).

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I'd rather us drop one of Shaw, AA, Hossa, Dano or Keith from the PP then drop one of Daley or TT.

Both have excellent offensive instincts, a good shot, and good speed (a necessity when carrying the puck over the blue line).

Dropping Hossa and Keith would be dumb, c'mon. But I wouldn't mind dropping any of the other guys. Also, do we think Teuvo has good speed? I've never really seen him pull away from anyone. I actually love him as a player, but I think straight ahead speed is one of the reasons he'll never be a really great player.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dropping Hossa and Keith would be dumb, c'mon. But I wouldn't mind dropping any of the other guys. Also, do we think Teuvo has good speed? I've never really seen him pull away from anyone. I actually love him as a player, but I think straight ahead speed is one of the reasons he'll never be a really great player.

Maybe not straight ahead speed, poor wording on my part. I was simply meaning that he, like Kane and hopefully Panarin, have enough of a blend of speed and stickhandling abilities that he'd be able to carry the puck through the neutral zone without much issue.

And while Hossa has done well for himself, I feel that if we are loaded with tons of players with enough talent to be on the powerplay, I wouldn't hate seeing the 36 year old get a bit of a break. Not saying PP minutes are hard, but any bit of his energy we can save is a positive.

Keith, on the other hand, isn't that great on the PP. More often than not, his shot goes high and/or wide of the net. The only reason you'd have him over a guy like Daley (who has a fairly accurate shot) is because he's our top Dman and you wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I really only think that our 3rd line has major question marks. McNeil/Danault/Baun could all be used to make a good 3rd line. People don't want to hear this but Bickell could be useful on the 3rd line if he comes back motivated.

TT is a big question mark at 2C.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Maybe not straight ahead speed, poor wording on my part. I was simply meaning that he, like Kane and hopefully Panarin, have enough of a blend of speed and stickhandling abilities that he'd be able to carry the puck through the neutral zone without much issue.

And while Hossa has done well for himself, I feel that if we are loaded with tons of players with enough talent to be on the powerplay, I wouldn't hate seeing the 36 year old get a bit of a break. Not saying PP minutes are hard, but any bit of his energy we can save is a positive.

Keith, on the other hand, isn't that great on the PP. More often than not, his shot goes high and/or wide of the net. The only reason you'd have him over a guy like Daley (who has a fairly accurate shot) is because he's our top Dman and you wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

I agree on the Teuvo thing, was just wondering if you perhaps had a different interpretation than I did.

Keith's not great on the PP, but he's better than Daley (going by P/60). I know we as fans wish he was better, but I truly think he's the best option we've got. Over the last 3 seasons he's in the top 30 in P/60 5v4, that's not great, but it is good.

I think Hossa is considerably more talented than any of the younger guys, so I'd like to keep him on the second unit with Teuvo on the half wall. I'd run (well a different system but that's beside the point).

Anisimov-Toews
Kane
Panarin-Keith

Shaw-Dano
TT
Seabs-Hossa (could switch out Dano for Daley and move Hossa to the goal line).

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Dano-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
TT-Tikhonov-Shaw
Desjardin-Kruger-Garbutt

Keith-Seabrook
Daley-Hammer
Ehrhoff-TVR
Rundblad

Crawford
Darling

If we can fill that 1 defensive opening with oduya or ehrhoff or someone on that level i dont know why we wouldnt have a shot at repeating

BlackhawksFan615

Jul 5, 2015
Krüger is just waiting for them to clear future Cap Space. No real news

Nothing Kruger can do unless he gets an offer sheet. If not, he just sits until next summer if they can't reach a deal. I like Kruger, but if he's asking over 2 mill per, I say move on. He's a fourth line checking center.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Nothing Kruger can do unless he gets an offer sheet. If not, he just sits until next summer if they can't reach a deal. I like Kruger, but if he's asking over 2 mill per, I say move on. He's a fourth line checking center.

What you miss is most if not all "checking center's" are 3rd line guys and most teams barely play a 4th line.

Kruger's line gets the third most minutes, even last year, and most years lately. So really he is a checking elite shut down center that on great teams is a 4th C. On most teams in the league he is the #3 and is checking and going out against 19 if he were to play us. So we get to have 3 other centers go score, while being responsible. and our 4th line can handle that. Rolling 4 lines sounds cliche, but it's a mega mega luxury for us. most teams don't. Look how good TB was, and they had 3 lines and don't even dress 12 F's most of the time.

So yes he is a checking center, but he plays for us on line 4. That's huge.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Kruger has almost no leverage. He's going to have to eat a 1 year deal or go find an offer sheet.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Scott Powers @ESPNChiPowers
Johnny Oduya will not be re-signing with Blackhawks, according to a source.

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
If they were to sign Kruger to a one year deal, would they have to wait until free agency to resign him? Can't imagine they would let the Hawks just extend him after signing him to a one year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad