Salary Cap: Cap Crunch Discussion (again)

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I would not sign Oduya or Sharp.

I would still do the trade with the changes you listed.

Hellebuyck has the makings of a really good #1. His ceiling is higher than Crawfords.

If Stan made than first trade he should be instantly elected to the HHoF and arrested for grand theft.

You think Hellebuyck can challenge Price for best goalie in the league? Because that's what it takes to have a ceiling higher than Crawford's. I don't watch Hellebuyck at all so I'm honestly asking you.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
And now I'm done.

The Hawks have a stud starting goalie, five Top 6 forwards and three top 4 defensemen locked up for this season and the following two. That comes at a price, and that price is continual cap issues. If you would rather start dealing some of those core pieces to "fix" the cap issues then you are just trading one set of problems (the good kind of having too many good players) for a different one (having some maneuvering room but short on key players). I'll take situation A every time, thanks.

They have been dealing with the same situation for years, and have dealt with it well more times than not over that time. If anything, the team is in better shape cap wise heading into this offseason than they have been since Kane and Toews exited their ELCs. They don't need to break apart a team like they have in a few of the cap crunch seasons. They have to move 1 freaking guy with a 3.09M cap hit (but less actual salary). That is a walk in the park for this team.

Spot on. Excellent post.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lol literal lol

Go troll somewhere else.

You think Hellebuyck can challenge Price for best goalie in the league? Because that's what it takes to have a ceiling higher than Crawford's. I don't watch Hellebuyck at all so I'm honestly asking you.

I don't think he has Price like ability (ceiling). I think there is a bigger gap between Price and the rest of the NHL than people think. CH's celing falls below Carey Price level.

He is bigger and more athletic than Crow. Helleybuck has been great at each level so far and has proven stamina over a long season. Crow is a great technical goalie that makes the most of his ability. I think he is a top 5-7 goalie the past 3 years.

Long term CH would be better for the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad