Rumor: Canucks still interested in Lucic

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Eriksson is mediocre and highly overpaid but hes still good for 20-30 points, good defensively and can PK. Lucic is terrible at everything. I want no part of Lucic and would take the swedish softie anyday over the slow ass oiler.

Reactions: Cogburn

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
The whole idea of this thread is hilarious.

"Canucks still interested in Lucic"

I'm sure if the oilers knew there was a team with literally any interest in Lucic he'd be on the first flight out of town.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Eriksson had 29 points this year. Puljujarvi had 9 and was on pace for 15 points lmao.

Please explain to me how Puljujarvi is better than Eriksson? Yeah he’s a better skater but that’s it. And his skating has not amounted to him being an effective NHLer. For all those laps he runs around the ice he doesn’t accomplish anything. :laugh:

Obviously no one would trade Puljujarvi for Eriksson, but its not because he’s a better player, it’s because Eriksson has an awful contract. No one is disputing this.

And Eriksson is a lot better than Lucic. Better offensively and better defensively. Lucic is a 4th liner at this point.

Lucic doesn’t bring **** all when he’s not scoring. He had 2 fights this year. And he’s somehow even slower than Eriksson.

You’re really bad at this. :laugh:

I wonder how many Canucks fans realize that in the first three years after being drafted Markus Naslund had 11 points (4A 7A) in 71 games. Pulju has more than triple the points in less than twice as many games games: 37 Points (17G, 20A) in 139 games.

The following year (draft +4) didn't go to well for Naslund either: 4 points in 14 games.. By this point, you guys would had probably have decided that he is clearly a bust and not worth trading for him ;)

The Sedins also didn't really break it out until draft year+5, at the end of draft year+4 Daniel's numbers were looking pretty dissapointing.

I am not saying that Pulju is going to become a new Naslund. But sometimes it takes for European prospects a bit longer to acommodate to NHL. And of course for each prospect with a slow start which recovers there are two who don't. But just because the Oilers had a dofferent playr with completelly different issues which busted, doesn't mean that Pulju is a clear bust.

The main issue so far for Pulju is that he was played when he was not ready, his injury, and the fact that the last season was a step back... But if the step back was because of the injury, and if he recovers after the surgery (yea I know ifs) he can still become at least a good NHL player.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I wonder how many Canucks fans realize that in the first three years after being drafted Markus Naslund had 11 points (4A 7A) in 71 games. Pulju has more than triple the points in less than twice as many games games: 37 Points (17G, 20A) in 139 games.

The following year (draft +4) didn't go to well for Naslund either: 4 points in 14 games.. By this point, you guys would had probably have decided that he is clearly a bust and not worth trading for him ;)

The Sedins also didn't really break it out until draft year+5, at the end of draft year+4 Daniel's numbers were looking pretty dissapointing.

I am not saying that Pulju is going to become a new Naslund. But sometimes it takes for European prospects a bit longer to acommodate to NHL. And of course for each prospect with a slow start which recovers there are two who don't. But just because the Oilers had a dofferent playr with completelly different issues which busted, doesn't mean that Pulju is a clear bust.

The main issue so far for Pulju is that he was played when he was not ready, his injury, and the fact that the last season was a step back... But if the step back was because of the injury, and if he recovers after the surgery (yea I know ifs) he can still become at least a good NHL player.
How many high picks that started off this badly for the oilers turned it around? Yakupov and Paajarvi sure didn’t.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
At the end of the day the Canucks can bury Eriksson in the minors if they want and be done with him. Maybe after a year of riding the bus in the AHL he says screw it and asks for a mutual release so he can go home to Sweden. Same can't be done with Lucic and for that reason, the Canucks should stay the hell away from him.

Reactions: BROCK HUGHES

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
How many high picks that started off this badly for the oilers turned it around? Yakupov and Paajarvi sure didn’t.

Ther was no other high pick which started off like this, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Actually both Paajarvi and Yakupov pretty well, their issue was that they regressed fast. Paajarvi had 34 points in the first season, Yakupov had 31 points in 48 games in his rookie season. If you think that this is a terrible start, no comment. So no good comparison there.

From the Oilers high draft picks the one who probably had really bad start was Draisaitl. He was worse in the first season than Pulju.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
At the end of the day the Canucks can bury Eriksson in the minors if they want and be done with him. Maybe after a year of riding the bus in the AHL he says screw it and asks for a mutual release so he can go home to Sweden. Same can't be done with Lucic and for that reason, the Canucks should stay the hell away from him.

And this is what it boils down to at the end of the day... The Canucks fans preffer LE to Lucic for some reasons...

If the rumours are not true, nothing will come out of it, all this disscussion was over nothing... If the rumours are true, we may have some interesting threads around here in the future...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I've got it!

The reason this stupid rumour came up!

We might not hit the cap floor if Eriksson and Edler leaves the team. Rather then piss away money on bad free agency signings with horrendous term (Ferland, Simmonds, Myers, Gardiner, etc) and with bigger targets like Karlsson and Skinner drying up, then we need cap from somewhere.

This is why we were looking at Zaitsev and Lucic and probably others!

...a man can dream...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've got it!

We might not hit the cap floor if Eriksson and Edler leaves the team. Rather then piss away money on bad free agency signings with horrendous term (Ferland, Simmonds, Myers, Gardiner, etc) and with bigger targets like Karlsson and Skinner drying up, then we need cap from somewhere.

...a man can dream...

:laugh:

Look, I get it man. I’d be pissed if my team was looking at Milan Lucic as a positive value asset as well, but it sounds like the best possible scenario for the Canucks is getting Puljujarvi and Lucic for Eriksson - at least that’s what Friedman reports as Benning’s asking price.

I think that’s one of those “both sides would be fairly disgusted” trade scenarios. I don’t like it at all for Edmonton and most Oiler fans are in complete agreement that this would be a horrendous start to his Oiler tenure for Ken Holland; and by the way this thread has gone HFCanucks would be in full rebellion.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I've got it!

...a man can dream...
Hey , if you want we could take those cap dumps after you aquire them for a small fee....

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well the idea would be to take back something of value instead of spending the money for guys we will have to dump later at our expense.
Sorry man it was made in jest...As an Ottawa fan I know too well about other fans us telling that we should take their cap dump ,at a price they seem fair lol

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sorry man it was made in jest...As an Ottawa fan I know too well about other fans us telling that we should take their cap dump ,at a price they seem fair lol

I can never tell who's kidding any more, even a clearly joking message is sometimes sent extra salty haha

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site

why would Canuck fans want him if they truly felt he was a bust?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad