Rumor: Canucks still interested in Lucic

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The reporting is that Benning is asking for Puljujarvi and getting told no right now. My honest guess is that Canuck fans are not going to be happy with a Lucic deal if it does go down because we’re not throwing in anything close to what you’re wanting.
Are the Oiler fans going to be happy retaining the slow ,plodding, ineffective player taking up an ED spot and guzzling cap space..?...How much patience are the two superstars going have surrounded by a poor roster?

Without a significant sweetener (who exactly has the leverage here?)...He's all yours..enjoy..The Canucks are not doing Edmonton any favours.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Are the Oiler fans going to be happy retaining the slow ,plodding, ineffective player taking up an ED spot and guzzling cap space..?...How much patience are the two superstars going have surrounded by a poor roster?

Without a significant sweetener (who exactly has the leverage here?)...He's all yours..enjoy..The Canucks are not doing Edmonton any favours.

Eriksson is almost as bad, trading for him gains us no cap space, and as I’ve pointed out multiple times most teams that protected 7 forwards couldn’t use all of those spots to protect anyone worth a damn, including the Oilers and the Canucks. If it would take a stupid addition to move him, absolutely I would rather just sit on him and appoint him press box popcorn tester.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Eriksson is almost as bad, trading for him gains us no cap space, and as I’ve pointed out multiple times most teams that protected 7 forwards couldn’t use all of those spots to protect anyone worth a damn, including the Oilers and the Canucks. If it would take a stupid addition to move him, absolutely I would rather just sit on him and appoint him press box popcorn tester.
One can easily argue that Eriksson is worse.
3 hits in 80 games is almost impossible in a game like hockey. A germophobic playing in a non contact league would accidentally get more than that in.

Offensive production of Lucic is still better as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
3 hits in 80 games is almost impossible in a game like hockey. A germophobic playing in a non contact league would accidentally get more than that in.

3 hits in 80 games is literally throwing your stick up in the air and bolting in the other direction in the face of physicality :laugh: say what you will about Lucic he still gave an honest effort in the physical department.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Both players have buyout proof contracts.

Canucks would have to eat the $5 million cash over cap hit they have already lid him plus take the hit on the remaining $12/$13 million they owe him. So over the next 6 years still have to eat $17 million in dead cap with most of it over the next 3 seasons.

Lucic will still get paid $16.5/$19 mill he has left on his deal. And they also have paid him $5 million cash over cap hit so far.

Of the 2 Eriksson is easier to move due to no nmc, only a ntc this year and is a year shorter in term. I’d rather see the Canucks retain half so that if he’s worth the $1.5 million per that a team would owe him over the next 3 seasons that shouldn’t cost the Canucks an asset above a mid round pick.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Then we agree, you keep Lucic, do the rest of the league a favor.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Then we agree, you keep Lucic, do the rest of the league a favor.

I’m fully in agreement that you can keep that sad sack of a player in Eriksson and we will keep our boat anchor in Lucic. Considering they both put up similar number now a days I would rather watch Lucic punch some faces in then watch Eriksson run away from all contact.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but here by more consistent you mean that LE sucked for all three years, and Lucic only for the last two...

Nice way to try to spin this into a positive.
Lucic has lost points off his totals each year hes been in Edmonton, he went from 20 goals his first year to 6 last year with an 82 game stretch where he scored 2 goals.
Eriksson May suck, but he’s at least good for 10 goals and basically 30 points each year despite playing mainly 4th line minutes last season.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Go find those posts in which i have said Zaitsev has value....i'll wait right here.

All i have said is that while the Leafs will lose any Zaitsev trade, the Leafs won't pay a ton to move him. They would just keep him.
Enjoy 5 more years of Zaitsev then. Tbh it’s the same thing over and over again from you guys about your trash players on piss poor contract “we won’t pay to move them!” And that’s why you still own those players

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Lucic went an 82 game stretch with 2 goals.

Reactions: mouz135 and EP40

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I’m fully in agreement that you can keep that sad sack of a player in Eriksson and we will keep our boat anchor in Lucic. Considering they both put up similar number now a days I would rather watch Lucic punch some faces in then watch Eriksson run away from all contact.
A whole 2 fights last year

Tikhonov

kane.jpg
Jan 24, 2010
both contracts are atrocious which is why the extra year on looch's is significant, this requires an adequate sweetener

(hypothetically) asking for 8th OA on top of that is ridiculous however anything lesser value than pulju.. just don't do the trade.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Enjoy 5 more years of Zaitsev then. Tbh it’s the same thing over and over again from you guys about your trash players on piss poor contract “we won’t pay to move them!” And that’s why you still own those players
You forgot to quote those posts you said i made....still waiting.

We still own Marleau because it's not July 1st (bonus)...we still own Zaitsev because if we need to pay to mive him, as you say, then we will keep him as he is actually a player who fills a need.

Grain of salt indeed

Last edited by a moderator:

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Do they intend for him to become Petey's bodyguard of the ice? that's the only logical scenario I can think of making Cnucks entertain this trade. If he's coming with Bouchard strapped to his back and Loui goes the other way with 50% salary retained as a sweetener for the Oilers then we may have a deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Do they intend for him to become Petey's bodyguard of the ice? that's the only logical scenario I can think of making Cnucks entertain this trade. If he's coming with Bouchard strapped to his back and Loui goes the other way with 50% salary retained as a sweetener for the Oilers then we may have a deal.

Yes, the Oilers obviously can’t wait to flush Bouchard down the toilet for a bit of cap space.

Edmonton counters with Lucic 50% retained for Eriksson and Hughes.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
At least Eriksson is good PK guy, Lucic cant skate and is getting slower by the year. Very much a liability on the ice in the new NHL

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
And Eriksson had 3 hits last year....

Were not the ones selling his hitting.

You said you enjoy watching Lucics face punching.

You're selling Lucic as a player that is exciting to watch exactly twice a year by your criteria. He scores more, which others have acknowledged is very much on the terrible side.

Please keep him, on behalf of the rest of the league.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Were not the ones selling his hitting.

You said you enjoy watching Lucics face punching.

You're selling Lucic as a player that is exciting to watch exactly twice a year by your criteria. He scores more, which others have acknowledged is very much on the terrible side.

Please keep him, on behalf of the rest of the league.

Not selling him as exciting at all, where did I say that? If I have to have two terrible players I’m taking the one that can at least crush people and face punch over the one that does well what? Look, they both suck and the difference between the two as well as contracts doesn’t equate to much of a sweetener.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Not selling him as exciting at all, where did I say that? If I have to have two terrible players I’m taking the one that can at least crush people and face punch over the one that does well what? Look, they both suck and the difference between the two as well as contracts doesn’t equate to much of a sweetener.

I can think of at least one whole fanbase that disagrees.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Yeah...........same as before as I far as I go.

Puljiu is included with Lucic or no deal.

If no Puljiu, Edmonton can search elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad