Rumor: Canucks still interested in Lucic

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Good home boy. If they don't think they're going to compete for a playoff spot this year, might as well get him and have him just go ape shit if someone touches Petterson. Just straight up tell him "Look, we're not aiming for the playoffs this year, so if some touches them, you touch them back harder.... Sounds weird, but you get it"

Especially if the bonus is nice, but I imagine they're shipping Eriksson out, which, might be a win for Edmonton, too.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
The Canucks are probably just interested in whatever EDM adds to Lucic to get rid of him.

I don’t really see the Canucks being super competitive in the playoffs in the next few years so why not.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Good home boy. If they don't think they're going to compete for a playoff spot this year, might as well get him and have him just go ape **** if someone touches Petterson. Just straight up tell him "Look, we're not aiming for the playoffs this year, so if some touches them, you touch them back harder.... Sounds weird, but you get it"

Especially if the bonus is nice, but I imagine they're shipping Eriksson out, which, might be a win for Edmonton, too.

I mean, you could get someone who doesn’t make 6 million a year for 4 more years who can protect Petterson.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I mean, you could get someone who doesn’t make 6 million a year for 4 more years who can protect Petterson.

They would (hopefully) be moving out an unfavourable contract themselves.

If they're taking him on solely to do that and not sending a bad contract the other way, or getting a nice gift for doing so, then, yes they're better off to call up any team with a 13th forward, or lower who's got some fighting skills/nastiness.

Darnell

Jun 16, 2012

This should make the idea of a Eriksson Lucic trade a non-starter. The Canucks would need a big add seeing they would have to protect Lucic in the expansion draft.

***Edit: It seems Ryan was wrong and thats why the tweet is deleted

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t care what anyone on these boards says, if you put a bunch of random posters on here in the position of Canucks management, they could do better or at the very least, not worse than Jim Benning And Co.

Because at least we’d be able to see how f***ing stupid trading For Milan Lucic is.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Not unless part of the trade is that lucic would waive his nmc to be left unprotected in the draft
Get him to sign to that and we got something cooking

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Trust me you don't want nothing to do with Lucic, the guy is so bad. I would trade Lucic for Eriksson in heartbeat since he's only got 3 years left on his contract compared to Lucic's 4.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Trust me you don't want nothing to do with Lucic, the guy is so bad. I would trade Lucic for Eriksson in heartbeat since he's only got 3 years left on his contract compared to Lucic's 4.

But but, Lucic is so uber tough. He can literally beat people up. Literally.

He's like the dragon from Game Of Thrones, except he can't fly, is slow and is not a dragon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00