Rumor: Canucks still interested in Lucic

FAMOUSfin

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouvers best hope is Eriksson is so pissed that he agrees to a mutual contract release and goes back to Europe, leaving Lucic in Edmonton to help improve Edmontons draft position next year. Not going to happen, but best case scenario.

There's always Utica :pb:

canuckfaithful

Jun 6, 2012
I think we could see something like this. Eriksson and Tippett can reunite in Edmonton.
Lucic Being a power forward is probably going to fall off a cliff any day. Definite buy out candidate. Erickson in the right environment may prove to more useful longer. Therefore the Puljujarvi add is appropriate. Let’s get er done Jim!

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Lucic Being a power forward is probably going to fall off a cliff any day. Definite buy out candidate. Erickson in the right environment may prove to more useful longer. Therefore the Puljujarvi add is appropriate. Let’s get er done Jim!
So your saying Lucic has only fallen off a bank, the falling of the cliff is still to come?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don't see a big enough difference in these cap dumps in which Pulji is the gap closer.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
There is no sweetener that has been mentioned by Edmonton fans that make Lucic palatable to Vancouver.

We dislike him on a personal level. Until his interview that started this whole thing the feeling was very, very mutual.

His NTC.

The extra year of his contract.

His already sharply declining play and his style of play that lends itself to a lot of injuries and further declination.

A nine point forward isn't enough of a sweetener to make that happen. Even Erikssons contract isn't enough. Moving up to measly spots in a draft where 4-12 or so are still coming up as very comparible isn't enough. Everyone knows what we want, and we know it's an inappropriate ask, but so is asking anyone to swallow that contract.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
There is no sweetener that has been mentioned by Edmonton fans that make Lucic palatable to Vancouver.

We dislike him on a personal level. Until his interview that started this whole thing the feeling was very, very mutual.

His NTC.

His already sharply declining play and his style of play that lends itself to a lot of injuries and further declination.

A nine point forward isn't enough of a sweetener to make that happen. Even Erikssons contract isn't enough. Moving up to measly spots in a draft where 4-12 or so are still coming up as very comparible isn't enough. Everyone knows what we want, and we know it's an inappropriate ask, but so is asking anyone to swallow that contract.
This. Also Im not sure Id even want Pulju back as a sweetener because theres still a chance that hes just a straight up bust.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
This. Also Im not sure Id even want Pulju back as a sweetener because theres still a chance that hes just a straight up bust.

If he was the sweetener that would be a risk worth taking for sure tho! Could be a nice fit on 1 of the top 2 lines. Prior to being drafted by Edm he was a high rated pick some even said he had a better all around game than Laine I think?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
If he was the sweetener that would be a risk worth taking for sure tho! Could be a nice fit on 1 of the top 2 lines. Prior to being drafted by Edm he was a high rated pick some even said he had a better all around game than Laine I think?
Yeah I mean he could absolutely turn it around for sure, but if he doesn't then we just took on 2 bad players that need protecting in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Cogburn

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Yeah I mean he could absolutely turn it around for sure, but if he doesn't then we just took on 2 bad players that need protecting in the expansion draft.

I wouldn't take Lucic unless he removed his NMC for the duration of his deal. Worst case for him he is a few hour car ride away from Vancouver if Seattle was to take him or Canucks enticed them to do so.

If Lucic wants his NMC to remain in his deal EDM would have to add some quality add on piece(s) to make me even consider it

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I wouldn't take Lucic unless he removed his NMC for the duration of his deal. Worst case for him he is a few hour car ride away from Vancouver if Seattle was to take him or Canucks enticed them to do so.

If Lucic wants his NMC to remain in his deal EDM would have to add some quality add on piece(s) to make me even consider it

His waiving of the NMC is irrelevant. I'd feel much better not taking him if Puljujarvi is the only or main sweetener. That's two new contracts as reclamation projects when we have so, so, so many already. Eriksson, Virtanen, Leivo, Motte...if they work out, wonderful, but Puljujarvi needs a new contract and Lucic is dead space.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I honestly don't think that any trade is going to happen with Lucic going to the Canucks...Hollands 'sweetener' is just not going to be enough.

Fine by me,.. having Lucic rot in Edmonton for the next few years with the boat anchor contract is a huge win in itself.

You mean like how Backs hurt Boston ? Edmonton would like to move Lucic but it isn’t going to hurt them down the road (2years from now) as I stated many times I think both teams need to retain 50% . It’s becomes a wash except for the last year at which time Lucic will be owed 50% of 4 million by the Cannots . So how much does it cost to move 2 million for 1 year ? Oh let me guess you are going to use the expansion draft ? In 2 years Lucic NTC/NMC becomes limited so he has to give a list of 8 teams he would go to . Seattle is very close to Vancouver do you really think Seattle won’t be on his list of 8 teams he would go to ? I am sure he would waive for the expansion draft rather then piss off management .

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I don’t want him whatsoever as he’s another player that requires protection in expansion when he’s not even worth protecting from dumping Lucic.
Canucks SHOULD and rightfully so, be asking for players with exemption due to not being drafted yet (ie Draft picks) or players recently within the last year drafted who are quality. Lucic is a trash can and is a detriment on the ice, against the cap and in person

Reactions: John Johnson

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Love how Erickson cap hit is getting down played or over looked

Still a 6 mill cap hit regardless of actual money
And yet he’s still owed less per year than Lucic. Nice way to disregard the fact that Eriksson has been the more consistent player over the last 3 years, is able to play in the bottom6 and PK. But whatever

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Love how Erickson cap hit is getting down played or over looked

Still a 6 mill cap hit regardless of actual money
Eriksson has made millions..He has 5 kids....Hopefully,riding the buses in Utica will bring his contract to a 'mutual termination' with the Canucks.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
And yet he’s still owed less per year than Lucic. Nice way to disregard the fact that Eriksson has been the more consistent player over the last 3 years, is able to play in the bottom6 and PK. But whatever

Correct me if I am wrong, but here by more consistent you mean that LE sucked for all three years, and Lucic only for the last two...

Nice way to try to spin this into a positive.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah but aren’t you one in the Zaitsev thread saying he has value? So big grains of salt with your posts are mandatory
Go find those posts in which i have said Zaitsev has value....i'll wait right here.

All i have said is that while the Leafs will lose any Zaitsev trade, the Leafs won't pay a ton to move him. They would just keep him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

His NTC.

The reporting is that Benning is asking for Puljujarvi and getting told no right now. My honest guess is that Canuck fans are not going to be happy with a Lucic deal if it does go down because we’re not throwing in anything close to what you’re wanting.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eriksson has made millions..He has 5 kids....Hopefully,riding the buses in Utica will bring his contract to a 'mutual termination' with the Canucks.

The only way you get mutual termination in this case is a buyout. Eriksson isn’t going to walk away from 13 million in real dollars - including 8 million in signing bonus - just because the Canucks are trying to bully him into it.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think there’s a greater chance Benning signs Ferland than trades for Lucic. And of those two options, I’d prefer signing Ferland any day.

Reactions: moog35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad