Rumor: Canucks going after Barrie. (+ Hudler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Good target but I have no faith in Benning making a trade that would leave us in a better spot going forward.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
My guess is that we'll be seeing Tanev + Virtanen + 1st round pick for Tyson Barrie + 6th round pick

That would of course be ridiculous, and I'm not sure if you are suggesting that to highlight Benning's poor negotiating skills, or if you think that is fair or realistic.

Tanev plus a second and mid prospect is how high I'd go.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Not going to lie - terrified that Benning is going to move next year's first along with Tanev and another asset.

I love Barrie, think he would be a great fit here and fills a dire need, but that would hurt us more than help us long term. I just can't trust Benning to make a deal that doesn't leave me angry.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The first should be untouchable. If they are in on E. Kane, a deal centered around Virtanen + for Barrie would be good as well.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
I think Tanev is a better player than Barrie at this stage. It needs to be a package. Either Colorado takes a negative player back with Tanev (like Sbisa) or we add a little to grab someone like Landeskog as well. McCann would have been the ideal addition here...

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
tanev+sbisa for barrie. van gets a puckmover right handed shot to boot. if not replace with hansen he has higher value and maybe colorado adds a pick or 2.

Favre4

Mar 14, 2014
I don't like the idea of dealing Virtanen. But I haven't been a fan of most moves that Benning has done.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
My goodness...I have zero confidence in the canucks getting the better end of that deal. Benning has got to be the worst trading GM in the nhl.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i'd move tanev for him straight. I love Chris Tanev but this team would be a lot more entertaining to watch having Barrie on the backend.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That would of course be ridiculous, and I'm not sure if you are suggesting that to highlight Benning's poor negotiating skills, or if you think that is fair or realistic.

Tanev plus a second and mid prospect is how high I'd go.

It's what I expect based on Benning's history here. He's going to basically give Tanev away, and then the casuals will all scream in "oh Tanev was injury prone, oh Tanev wasn't good offensively, oh we have Gudbranson so we didn't need Tanev, blah blah blah" and all that other kind of stupidity.

Ideally we move Gudbranson with something for Barrie.

Edler-Barrie
Hutton-Tanev

looks nice.

Would have looked even better as:

Edler-Barrie
Hutton-Tanev
Hamhuis-Tryamkin

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
tanev+sbisa for barrie. van gets a puckmover right handed shot to boot. if not replace with hansen he has higher value and maybe colorado adds a pick or 2.

This is the most is give up.. Well Tanev straight up since it's make valuable than with Sbisa lol. How would people feel about that. Personally I think they have equal value but their complete opposite players, as most know Tanev is a defensive stud with little to no offensive while Barrie is an offensive Dynamo with little to no defensive structure to his game.

Another thing you have to think about is that we'd have to resign him... Probably looking at 6 shmill a year for a guy who is one of the easiest defenseman to beat in the NHL.

It sucks because Tanev - Barrie would be a beastly pairing...

Is there anyway we could move Edler + for Barrie , or something along those lines?

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
It's what I expect based on Benning's history here. He's going to basically give Tanev away, and then the casuals will all scream in "oh Tanev was injury prone, oh Tanev wasn't good offensively, oh we have Gudbranson so we didn't need Tanev, blah blah blah" and all that other kind of stupidity.

Ideally we move Gudbranson with something for Barrie.

Edler-Barrie
Hutton-Tanev

looks nice.

Would have looked even better as:

Edler-Barrie
Hutton-Tanev
Hamhuis-Tryamkin

You need to trade something away to get something back. You're not getting a player like Tyson Barrie for Erik Gudbranson

Last edited:

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Absolutely don't believe the Canucks have the assets to make that type of trade without gutting something and no Benning trade thus far has shown restraint.

member 202355

If Colorado actually accepted Tanev+Sbisa for Barrie...

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad